Confirmed with Link: Eric Comrie 1 year 750k

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Nice post, thoughtful…
Comrie, lacking Helly’s and Croissant’s size, has had to navigate a lot more of the NHL goalie’s skills..it takes longer..
As a physical therapist and trainer, I suspect Comrie’s passion and youth will serve him well to become a truly viable and reliable backup. (Even if he doesn’t gets as many goals as Berdin! 😂)
Yeah I'm just not labelling him as a quality back up just yet bc he had a good 20 games. We can even use Hutch as an example who had a solid string of games and then sucked thereafter.
Comries wins were against LAK, DAL, CHI, STL, SEA, ARI, NJD, CBJ, and PHI. 6/9 Against bottom 10-12 teams. Did Have quality games against NYR and CAR though just not in W's.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
UFA due to not having played enough games. I wonder how far short he is? He certainly should have played more games this year. Maybe we would have won a few more. A less overworked Helle might have also played better.

He's at 28 games after today but only at 30 minutes played or more in 25. If he started 3 more times he would've been an RFA. Maybe those double back to backs that Hellebiyck started a couple of weeks ago could've helped.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
I want to say that this isn't the first time Comrie had group 6 UFA status applied to him. He still re-signed with the Jets. There's still a good chance that he'll hurry up with the jets. Probably a 2-year one-way contract as a backup. That will coincide nicely with the end of Helle's current contract.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I want to say that this isn't the first time Comrie had group 6 UFA status applied to him. He still re-signed with the Jets. There's still a good chance that he'll hurry up with the jets. Probably a 2-year one-way contract as a backup. That will coincide nicely with the end of Helle's current contract.

Yeah I expect him to stay but still an unnecessary risk given how overworked Hellebuyck has been, there's no reason he shouldn't have got to 28.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Yeah I expect him to stay but still an unnecessary risk given how overworked Hellebuyck has been, there's no reason he shouldn't have got to 28.

Oh I agree. Coaching seriously overworked Helle. I mean, yes, he likes playing that many games, but a goalie isn't going to turn down a chance to play unless they actually can't play. You need to manage the game, which includes personnel. 25 starts should have been the bare minimum for Comrie. He didn't even get half of that.

Reactions: surixon

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Exactly it was another case of poor roster management by our coaches. I could understand if Comrie was struggling but he was not and getting wins for the team which is what we needed.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Oh I agree. Coaching seriously overworked Helle. I mean, yes, he likes playing that many games, but a goalie isn't going to turn down a chance to play unless they actually can't play. You need to manage the game, which includes personnel. 25 starts should have been the bare minimum for Comrie. He didn't even get half of that.
it's funny/ironic
i made a post last summer how i didn't love the comrie signing, given i wanted to see helle's work-load a bit lessened in the reg season, given how much shots/mins he's played the last few years. a weaker back-up might not have given us the great 25-30 games i was hoping for.

helle proceeds to lead the league in shots faced (again - 5th year in a row), and 2nd in total minutes. while comrie provided competent back-up play to everyone's surprise. we def should have used him a bit more.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
That might be a steal but I think there are many teams looking for backups and he really played well this year which makes him attractive and someone might overpay.

He still only has 15 good games. Many backups don't make all that much. It took Brossoit a number if years to get $2 million.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I think he could get more money and starts elsewhere.

But, if we sign him 2 years a 1.5M AAV. There could be a chance we could trade him for something decent at the deadline.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I think he could get more money and starts elsewhere.

But, if we sign him 2 years a 1.5M AAV. There could be a chance we could trade him for something decent at the deadline.

No way he gets more than $1m on the open market. He's had one pretty good season against some iffy competition for the most part. I'd be fine with bringing him back and giving him the Stanley contract with a little raise but if some team is offering him $1.5m AAV you thank Comrie for his contributions and wish him well.

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
Almost every time he speaks, hes talking about how important the Jets organization is to him and how well he has been treated here. He was clearly very happy to be back here this year, and unless something goes horribly wrong or some team loses their mind and offers him a shitload of money I cant see him choosing to sign somewhere else.

Reactions: FlappyGiraffe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad