GWT: EPL Matchweek 7 - Postponed

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Ronaldo and Lucas Moura jesus christ
Most Brazilian players support Bolsonaro. Typical uneducated footballers.

One thing that's great about Richarlison is that he is a vocal critic of Bolsonaro. Brings up a lot of political and social issues.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
One thing that's great about Richarlison is that he is a vocal critic of Bolsonaro. Brings up a lot of political and social issues.
Alright, I have gained some respect fro the guy..... Still think the 60 million was an overpayment ;)

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
There is no CL matchday 2 and I don't know where to put it so I'll put it in the postponed thread:

How about CL matches this tuesday/wednesday .... they aren't postponed are they?

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
They aren’t. Only game that has been changed is Rangers game which has been moved to Wednesday and they aren’t allowing away fans. Due to lack of police resources.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
The ten day morning thing for uk...

Is that at Ibrox? Why'd they move it to wed?
Yeah, but the mourning period doesn't mean nothing is happening in the UK. the FA chose to postpone this weekend's slate but it wasn't a mandate and there's no reason UEFA would do the same

Yes, in Scotland. The reason was due to a lack of resources due to events caused by her death.
And this is likely due to the fact that she died in Scotland so Operation Unicorn happened and a lot more is taking place at Holyroodhouse than it otherwise would

Reactions: LOGiK

gnr2525

Aug 25, 2022
UK European and EPL London based matches scheduled

Tuesday, September 13th
Ajax @ Liverpool 8pm (British time)

Wednesday, September 14th
Napoli @ Rangers 8pm
Salzburg @ Chelsea 8pm
Dortmund @ Manchester City 8pm

Thursday, September 15th
PSV @ Arsenal 8pm

Saturday, September 17th
Leicester @ Tottenham 5:30pm

Sunday, September 18th
Arsenal @ Brentford 2pm
Liverpool @ Chelsea 4:30pm

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
UK European and EPL London based matches scheduled

Tuesday, September 13th
Ajax @ Liverpool 8pm (British time)

Wednesday, September 14th
Napoli @ Rangers 8pm
Salzburg @ Chelsea 8pm
Dortmund @ Manchester City 8pm

Thursday, September 15th
PSV @ Arsenal 8pm

Saturday, September 17th
Leicester @ Tottenham 5:30pm

Sunday, September 18th
Arsenal @ Brentford 2pm
Liverpool @ Chelsea 4:30pm

I’d say everything through the Arsenal Thursday game is for sure safe. The weekend games should be alright, but hard to say for sure with Police assignments or other preparations, especially the Sunday games.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

It's very likely that all matches scheduled to be played in London will get moved due to lack of police. So Brentford-Arsenal and Spurs- Leicester as well.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I wonder if we get Christmas day games for some of the London teams. Got to fit them in somewhere

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
They are going to junk the FA Cup replays and squeeze accordingly. Selfishly I am okay if they move LFC @ Chelsea because I will be in an airplane. Fixture calendar is going to look like trash. Nothing else to say

maclean

Jan 4, 2014

It's very likely that all matches scheduled to be played in London will get moved due to lack of police. So Brentford-Arsenal and Spurs- Leicester as well.

I've only been to London once, but "lack of police" is not a phrase I'd ever think I'd associate with it

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I've only been to London once, but "lack of police" is not a phrase I'd ever think I'd associate with it
The Queen's funeral on Monday requires more resources.

They are going to junk the FA Cup replays and squeeze accordingly. Selfishly I am okay if they move LFC @ Chelsea because I will be in an airplane. Fixture calendar is going to look like trash. Nothing else to say
That's actually the more likely scenario.

Reactions: robertmac43

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
No way around it really. Hopefully, we don't a massive increase in injuries due to yet another congested year.

Since the first lock down stopped these guys have basically played for 2 years strihgt. It's crazy.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
The Queen's funeral on Monday requires more resources.

That's actually the more likely scenario.
Meh. Replays suck anyway.

No way around it really. Hopefully, we don't a massive increase in injuries due to yet another congested year.

Since the first lock down stopped these guys have basically played for 2 years strihgt. It's crazy.
No one cares about the athletes.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Meh. Replays suck anyway.

No one cares about the athletes.
1. I have one up in my next fifa game... not happy about it either =P

2. I do. I'm struggling having to watch the NFL instead of EPL matches from the weekend =P

**quick add:
Not sure why they don't use more players with the congested schedule. It's not like they don't have players outside of their .... what... 11 + subs...

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
7 of 10 games will go ahead next weekend.

Postponed:

Brighton - Crystal Palace

Chelsea - Liverpool

Man Utd - Leeds

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad