GDT: WCQF GM05 | Vancouver Canucks vs. Nashville Predators | Tue. Apr 30th | 7:00PM PST | SNP/CBC | Hey, hey, I wanna be a Brock Star

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
Gotta win tonight and show some killer instinct.

Of course wrapping things up early and avoiding the travel back to Nashville is paramount, but longer term, and almost equally important is the team showing they can finish the job when an opportunity is there for the taking.

We're fortunate to be in a spot where we can wrap this up in 5, so just do it! LF f***ING GO!

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Come out flying and shooting and play a strong game!
The Hockey Gods smiled on us last game and now it’s time to seal the deal. Or sacrifice a virgin or something.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Anybody know even remotely what it is that's ailing him. I myself am deeply suspicious that he's not hurt at all...

I dunno, he had a pretty darn good game before the injury. I fully expect Tocchet to say Silvos is playing because DeSmith isn't 100%, but no clue what's ailing him.

Reactions: alternate

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Hope the offense comes to life tonight - they took over the game late in Game 4 and started just getting the puck to the net. Do that from the outset. Stop dumping it to corners or looking for tic-tac-toe plays, just get it on net and get traffic there. Give your goalie some offensive support.

And Godspeed, Arty!

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
Why on earth would the team healthy scratch DeSmith right after he was terrific to win game 3 of the series?

He appears to have a minor hand/finger injury.
Because they think Silovs gives them a better chance to go somewhere in these playoffs plus he's on a winning streak. Who swaps a rookie goalie who just won a big game in fine style with a veteran backup who's just back from an injury and has already posted an .800 game in this series? Not to mention Silovs is our goalie of the future while DeSmith will probably be playing elsewhere in 6 months...

Reactions: ellja3

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
first couple passes need to be better to break the press. It's not good enough to just chip and chase. Need to start springing the weak side winger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad