GWT: EPL - Matchweek 5

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Holy shit Disaster going to cost us the game. What a horror show tackle.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
don't hate taking enzo off.

hasn't done anything. yes it's not his fault we can't win games but he has faded later in games recently and he also hasn't converted anything even though he's gotten into scoring positions at any point in a chelsea shirt

Reactions: Blender

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
don't hate taking enzo off.

hasn't done anything. yes it's not his fault we can't win games but he has faded later in games recently and he also hasn't converted anything even though he's gotten into scoring positions at any point in a chelsea shirt
Enzo isn't getting forward enough and he isn't defending well enough. He's essentially Jorginho right now.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
From what I watch he barely got on the ball. And hung around the left side. Which is wierd

Plus he’s coming back from playing in Bolivia. Don’t think anyone who played their played ok this weekend

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
From what I watch he barely got on the ball. And hung around the left side. Which is wierd

Plus he’s coming back from playing in Bolivia. Don’t think anyone who played their played ok this weekend
He's essentially had as many touches on the ball as Ugochukwu, and Ugochukwu is the one sitting very deep to protect against counters.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Disaster is a mess. Might as well have kept Koulibaly if this is an acceptable standard.

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
gusto has fought and played hard/ok since reece's injury. better than anticipated based on his early season cameos.

i am making a promise to myself i will not watch the chelsea villa game next weekend for my own mental health .

unless broja plays then maybe because the vibes might be dif

Reactions: Rob and Blender

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
So, Nagelsmann or Gallardo?
vivell is gone and nagelsmann wanted the job given to him straight away with no interviews so that door is shut

they’ll probably let poch have the next few but oh man the pressure is up. injuries can’t be an excuse even if the injured xi may be better than the one that played today.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I don't either. The new rule that has been set in place regarding extra time should absolutely not stop players from being booked for time-wasting.

It was a second yellow.
Yeah, sorry. Giving a yellow card for that is a joke. That it was a second yellow is all the more laughable.

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
Catching up on Villa-Palace. Digne is so wasteful with the ball, really holds them back and he's not that good defensively either. Zaniola got subbed off after being fairly unimpressive except a few forward runs with the ball.
Moreno should be back starting soon (he was on the bench, not ready for action yet). Think Zaniolo is just getting up to speed in the PL, has shown a lot of skill but in flashes. the PK is very contentious

edit -- I looked up whoscored ratings, and Digne was the second highest rated in the match which I found interesting

Last edited:

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I don't know how you scout players like Badiashile and Ugochukwu and also think Disaster is a good target.
I don't know what kind of thought process has gone into buying Disaster so that Colwill shifts to leftback, Chilwell shifts to a winger, Maatsen becomes a filler, and Hall gets sold.

Should have just played Colwill at CB, Chilwell at leftback, Maatsen as a winger/10, and Hall as the second LB who can also play midfield if needed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad