GWT: EPL - Matchweek 5

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I think people also forget that we lost Mane and right now a goal a game replacement is out for headbutting. Back this weekend though.
I don’t think Mane wins any game we dropped points in though. The problem is the midfield is wretched. Hopefully this doesn’t paper over the cracks.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Nice to see you whining about another team after your team won lmao
Pot, kettle. I'm also not whining. I'm saying it's funny that there's a conspiracy on this board about how Liverpool gets screwed by the refs when they scored a goal in the 98th minute of a game that had 5 minutes of added time.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Yea the two extra minutes on top of minimum added time seemed right given the long restarts on a couple goal kicks and the Pope "injury"

I think if the Burn block goes out for a throw the ref blows it there, but felt it was enough to let the corner be taken which seems fair.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I don’t think Mane wins any game we dropped points in though. The problem is the midfield is wretched. Hopefully this doesn’t paper over the cracks.

I disagree and think we would have beat Man United or gotten a point had he been in the team.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Pot, kettle. I'm also not whining. I'm saying it's funny that there's a conspiracy on this board about how Liverpool gets screwed by the refs when they scored a goal in the 98th minute of a game that had 5 minutes of added time.
I admittedly only tuned in probably the 88th minute, but my only note here is how often that NEVER happens. So often they put the number on the board and the ref checks out. This is the way it's supposed to work.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I admittedly only tuned in probably the 88th minute, but my only note here is how often that NEVER happens. So often they put the number on the board and the ref checks out. This is the way it's supposed to work.
They are supposed to give yellow cards out for time wasting too, but here we are.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Exactly. If this becomes the new standard, I'm all for it. It won't be.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
They are supposed to give yellow cards out for time wasting too, but here we are.
Yeah, and on top of that, it's supposed to be a point of emphasis this season lol. Obviously, didn't catch this match to see the extent of that being/not being applied.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Pope went down faking injury in the 3rd minute so I'm surprised he was tough enough to stay on the pitch a whole 95 more minutes. Real warrior that guy.

Reactions: Chimaera

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Emi looked like he had a rough game based off highlights those goal were awful. Never seen that from him. Must be sick of Gerrard

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
The Pope injury in extra time is what did it. Had that not gone for a corner, might have ended. Newcastle definitely worked for that point, but I’m not sure I could support that type of play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad