GWT: EPL - Matchweek 5

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I was an ETH believer, so I hope so, too, although I would prefer he wasn't at United.

yeah, and i would also prefer getting his players to do all that running starts catching up with them right about... this sunday

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Rashford has been pretty bad this game.

This feels like someone is going to get sent off. 3 out of 4 of our backline is on yellows.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Not sure how Rashford isn't carded there

Yea I dunno, seemed pretty obvious to me.

My only guess is because all the cards so far have been tactical instead of for hard fouls and the game hasn't really been chippy. Still went to ground early, didn't really come close to the ball, and took out the attacker, usually an easy card.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Amazing how quickly Leicester went from top 4 contenders to relegation fodder.

I mean, the year they won the league, Arsenal finished second (!). So we've gone through dropping completely out of the top 4 and slowly climbing our way back - one hopes - in the meantime.

They also got pretty thoroughly raided, and to some extent continue to be

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Bruno was absolutely fantastic. The difference in these last 3 games has been astounding. They’ve gone from looking like they’ve never seen each other in their lives to playing for each other.
Just the reactions to Dalot blocking the cross inside the box late on tells a lot. Highfiving, chestbumping.

Reactions: Gecklund

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Just the reactions to Dalot blocking the cross inside the box late on tells a lot. Highfiving, chestbumping.

Yea that was the stuff I was seeing last week and the week before. That was a good defensive play, but it wasn't some sort of incredible track back game saving tackle.

In past years it feels like defenders would make a play like that and absolutely nothing would be done. *maybe* De Gea would give them a high five. But now when players are making those types of "little" plays that end up having a significant impact in bulk over the long run, the team is visibly pumped/encouraging each other broadly.

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
Another good away win. Performance was just about good enough, better in the first half.

United lacked the killer instinct to finish the game off. The turn around in attitude and effort has been impressive though.

Reactions: Gecklund

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad