GWT: EPL - Matchweek 38

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Why do we still have a split screen when the only thing happening is in the left hand quarter of the screen?

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Wow, Leicester is going down.

Leicester going down provides the best fire sale. Guessing a lot of that team will be on the move.

I wonder if Vardy stays and helps bring them back to the Prem.
Chelsea held an interest in Harvey Barnes last year.

If Raheem moves on, I wonder about that. Poch reportedly wants some PL experienced players.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Barnes is the best Leicester player in terms of attractiveness to move. I think Maddison and Tielemans are both overrated. Wonder who stays and who goes though.

• Haha
Reactions: luiginb

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Big ups to Spurs for barely clinging to 2nd best team in London this season.

Makes the blown 2 goal leads and draw to Southampton hurt a little more.
A bit, although I think a fully motivated City doesn't drop those points.

Saw the other day that they have won 8 Premier League fixtures since he was sacked.
Don't think that's true. They won 4 after his sacking last season and 7 this season. The 4 they won last season was one fewer than the 5 they won under Bielsa last season, and Bielsa was there for 27 of 38 matches.

Reactions: robertmac43

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Then the number on the graphic was 11, not 8!
Doing the math real quick, that adds up!

For those wondering, when Bielsa was sacked, they were on 32 point pace. Burnley was relegated with 35 points. The idea that Bielsa's sacking is what caused them to get sent down this year is probably accurate, but only because they would have otherwise been sent down last year.

Reactions: JPBolts

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Barnes is the best Leicester player in terms of attractiveness to move. I think Maddison and Tielemans are both overrated. Wonder who stays and who goes though.
It's always an interesting question for these teams. If they can get a couple key guys to stay, they likely yoyo right back into the Prem next year.

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
Can't wait to see what Unai will produce with our financial backing this summer!

UTV

Brighton are one of the best clubs in the PL, amazing to do the double 2-1 over them. Pretty sure that all of their midfielders are very promising South American teenagers.

Reactions: le_sean

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
So much for Leeds America, it was only 3-4 months ago there was people wanting Pulisic there. All three likely gone, Aaronson might be better to stay but that was a waste of money

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
So much for Leeds America, it was only 3-4 months ago there was people wanting Pulisic there. All three likely gone, Aaronson might be better to stay but that was a waste of money
Adams really the only one of the group whose stock has gone up at all (or at least held firm) from it, though he still can't stay healthy. Then again, we keep hearing rumors of Marsch for the USMNT ( :help: ), so what do I know.

Last edited:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Jesse Marsch would have kept them up if he stayed.

They would have had a better chance of staying up if Adams stayed healthy

Thanks for the memories Mac Allister.

Can he stop a f’n counter attack?

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Can't wait to see what Unai will produce with our financial backing this summer!

UTV

Brighton are one of the best clubs in the PL, amazing to do the double 2-1 over them. Pretty sure that all of their midfielders are very promising South American teenagers.
Got too close for comfort. If Brighton had something to play for, I think they easily tie and maybe even win that match. I was shitting bricks when they decided to bring on Caicedo and Mitoma

Reactions: JPBolts

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
de Gea saved a penalty, Fred with a great assist. Only thing missing was a Weghorst goal, which he probably should have had.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad