GWT: EPL - Matchweek 36 (Ft. MW 25)

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
i mean, i didnt much think we'd pull anything out at this point anyhow

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Entering their game against Liverpool on April 9th, Arsenal had a 5 point lead at the top of the table and both them and City had 9 games left.

Since then Arsenal have earned only 9 points from 7 games (a 49 point season long pace), going 2-2-3

Massive choke job.
Those 3 draws came against Liverpool, Southampton, and West Ham. Two of those are brutal chokes for much needed points.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
The drop-off coincides with the moment all our defenders got injured, who'd've guessed

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
It's not like they have much choice.

The only other option is either playing a winger back there as part of a back 5 or to play an 18 year old who hasn't yet touched a top flight field yet.
Saka, I don't care if hes better up the pitch. Sometimes you gotta survive.

White was the worst player in a game where Arsenal didn't show up.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Arsenal is going to have problems repeating even this season unless they add a bit more depth through transfers. Knocked out in the FA and league cups very early, and out in the Europa League in the round of 16, this allowed them to play their best lineup in most PL games.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Sure. But Arsenal would have got there without much hassle if they hadn't been a bottom half of the table team over the last month and a half.
Yeah I mean it’s a long season. You can’t make mistakes in a title run vs City. Another team knows it now.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
City wins the title next week if they beat Chelsea, which seems likely.
Title can be decided next weekend:

- On Saturday if Arsenal lose to Forest. Or it's practically over (would go to GD at best and they're 20 behind) if they draw Forest.
- On Sunday if City beat Chelsea.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
F***ing heartbroken. I can handle finishing 4th, 8th, or 15th but lead 98% of the season and lose is clearly the worst thing to ever happen to a team. And the "you have a great young and upcoming team" piss me the f*** off the most. Arsenal lost this more than City won it and that's what hurts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad