GWT: EPL - Matchweek 36 (Ft. MW 25)

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Popping in here for 20 minutes to say something isn't a big victory lap but you took a victory lap months ago. Also you show that you don't really know anything about anything. Matip was hurt all year, Alisson for months, Gomez missed the whole season, Fabinho was out for months, so was Henderson. That's why it was crazy the team was winning so much.

The stuff you say at this point I'm not sure if you're clueless or if you just argue in bad faith about literally everything because you're a troll. Just a month or so ago Arsenal fans were getting really mad whenever someone pointed out they hadn't suffered many key injuries compared to teams that were struggling.
Fun fact for the people crying about injuries Liverpool’s best Klopp XI played together literally once. No one cares if you have injuries.

You were already talking about Arsenal and this 90 point threshold before I even entered the conversation lol.

Anyways, if I was you I wouldn't want to have to keep this conversation going either. Yeah, you can keep saying Arsenal bottled it (they did) to think you've won an argument, but going from "City sucks, weak league, not a real title if they win, Arsenal fans so insecure" to "well now another team knows how it feels when City goes on a perfect run to end the season, they weren't good" was all-time Savant flip flopping.
No one is flip flopping. Both of those things can be true.

This is probably Pep’s 3rd or 4th best team. Yes they had Haaland. Just because you score a ton of goals doesn’t mean the team is better. When Salah previously broke the record LFC finished fourth. Yes it helps but it’s not mutually exclusive. And no one would say 17/18 LFC was the best version

Last edited:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
A young and injured Arsenal team fell apart in the last 8 weeks of the season to lose to City with the league's all-time record goal scorer (but he's not good btw), and Liverpool fans are in here gloating like they won the league again themselves.
Haaland has more goals than the entire Chelsea and Aston Villa teams have on the campaign.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I'd just like to point out that the first game against City, when they were still mortal and we were rolling, was postponed because of the stupid "mourning period" (can't risk people having fun). Don't get me wrong, even though I believe we could've beat them then, we probably still would've fumbled it with our injuries and lack of depth, but I'm still salty about it and who knows, maybe that psychological boost of having put one of those games away would've put that extra fire in us down the stretch.

I don’t disagree, I was just using the dates put forth in that post I replied to which said Arsenal choked big time. That first City match was during that time frame.

Overall, I can understand frustration about Arsenal not wining the league or commentary saying they had it in their hands. They did after all. However, there was a lot to play for and they’re likely going to lose it to a notably superior side which has notably better depth.

It won’t win them any trophies and I think this season’s league is relatively weaker than some in the past, but how many teams in recent years will have had more points than this season’s Arsenal if Arsenal win their remaining two matches? Not many and they were notably better sides.

Last edited:

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Popping in here for 20 minutes to say something isn't a big victory lap but you took a victory lap months ago. Also you show that you don't really know anything about anything. Matip was hurt all year, Alisson for months, Gomez missed the whole season, Fabinho was out for months, so was Henderson. That's why it was crazy the team was winning so much.

The stuff you say at this point I'm not sure if you're clueless or if you just argue in bad faith about literally everything because you're a troll. Just a month or so ago Arsenal fans were getting really mad whenever someone pointed out they hadn't suffered many key injuries compared to teams that were struggling.
Sorry, it doesn’t matter if people actually miss games. All that matters is what people say. Thank you for walking right into that.

As you mentioned, Liverpool fans and others were claiming arsenal didn’t get injured and now you’re talking about how Liverpool was injured. Liverpool 19-20 will have more players with 30+ league appearances than arsenal 22-23 but don’t let facts get in the way of a good narrative.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
0-1 Curtis Jones. He’s been the second biggest beneficiary of the system change. He’s been great.

Reactions: SJinNewJersey

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Curtis Jones at the double. 0-2. He’s feeling it. Tightly beat the offsides.

Almost made it 3-0 there too. Took about 30 minutes but LFC may have figured Leicesters shape out

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Sorry, it doesn’t matter if people actually miss games. All that matters is what people say. Thank you for walking right into that.

As you mentioned, Liverpool fans and others were claiming arsenal didn’t get injured and now you’re talking about how Liverpool was injured. Liverpool 19-20 will have more players with 30+ league appearances than arsenal 22-23 but don’t let facts get in the way of a good narrative.
Cherry picking as always.

No one cares about injuries it’s how you deal with them. Arsenal didn’t deal with them.

Adrian played double digit games in 19/20. Didn’t get a whole lot of sympathy on that one. If your point is Arsenal had one catastrophic injury that torpedoed them (Saliba); LFC didn’t let their starting goalie being out ruin their season, and there is a much bigger drop off there; and it’s a freaking goalie.

And when people were saying Arsenal had stayed healthy that was not a lie. Yeah they got banged up since then which didn’t help, but you are framing this so disingenuously. If you have numbers with the latest data please share, but don’t lie about what the numbers looked like when they were shared. Arsenal had relatively good injury luck, until they didn’t. And they weren’t strong enough to overcome it. No reason to frame it otherwise

Last edited:

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Cherry picking as always.

No one cares about injuries it’s how you deal with them. Arsenal didn’t deal with them.

Adrian played double digit games in 19/20. Didn’t get a whole lot of sympathy on that one. If your point is Arsenal had one catastrophic injury that torpedoed them (Saliba); LFC didn’t let their starting goalie being out ruin their season, and there is a much bigger drop off there; and it’s a freaking goalie.

And when people were saying Arsenal had stayed healthy that was not a lie. Yeah they got banged up since then which didn’t help, but you are framing this so disingenuously. If you have numbers with the latest data please share, but don’t lie about what the numbers looked like when they were shared
What cherries are getting picked? I get that you like to hand wave away anything that doesn’t go with your narrative, but at least make an effort.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
What cherries are getting picked? I get that you like to hand wave away anything that doesn’t go with your narrative, but at least make an effort.
Nope. I’m going to watch Curtis Jones and Alisson march for 5th and then I’m going to play Tears of the Kingdom until my eyes bleed . I’m done for the day on this

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
3-0 Trent FK goal.

His confidence is back. Only took 25-30 weeks.

Scousers in the team (Jones and Trent) fighting to keep Everton up I guess

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
That third Liverpool goal was amazing. Needed Leicester to step up and help Brighton but they let me down!

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I think most LFC supporters would have been ok with anything other than a City (or United or Everton lolololol I just wrote that) win. But some supporters celebrated a bit early.

Big summer for Arsenal. Lot to be proud of, but Liverpool pushed on when they ran close. Let’s see what happens for Arsenal.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Oh and
1684187037020.png

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I am a LFC guy and Arsenal are ahead of the curve compared to the great LFC team in term of roster build that won everything.

LFC had to build their team in a span of 3 years. First get Matip, Mane, Gini, New role to Firmino, promotion of TAA. Then the big year of Salah, VVD and Robertson. Finally to reach the top : Fabinho and Alisson. They had some failures like Keita and Oxlade Chamberlain but they constantly raised the bar year after year.

Why Arsenal are ahead? Let's say they are in their year 1 now. Their core is very young and their top players are already there (kind of). They have Martinelli, Saka, Saliba just about starting their prime. Odegaard, Jesus and Gabriel, Ramsdale Zinchenko are in their prime now.
Now they miss some firepower IMO and better option than Partey, Xhaka and White in their starting eleven. That being said, they are still very inconsistant and that will have to improve on that front if they want to win the league and CL, they will have to raise their standard up a notch in every phases of the game. 90 pts should be the minimum and they will have to sustain that for many seasons.

Last edited:

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA

If Nketiah or Zinchenko play the last games this isn't even true when it comes to the league. But if we count all competitions Arsenal's already had more play 30 matches than Liverpool did.

Also, the real lesson here is not to compare your team that didn't win to the team that did. But the funniest part is that somehow you think people would rather see City win than Arsenal? Your entire argument is predicated on that and you think people are happy to take a victory lap. Nobody wanted that. It's only funny because of the things you said.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Liverpool fans are also comparing their clubs greatest 4-5 year stretch to a single season of Arsenal's young team. Acting like Arsenal's U25 core aren't going to be around the next few years. The lengths that they're going thru to gate keep their 2nd place team being the greatest 2nd place team is "so insecure" as Savant would say.
Well duh, they're EPL fans. That's what those people do :sarcasm:

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I mean to be fair I don’t think I could take seeing Arsenal fans have something to say beyond immortals or like we won all those FA Cups. Can no one win?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad