GWT: EPL - Matchweek 34 (ft. MW 29)

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
3 points secured. Raya was fantastic today. Rest of the team looked solid with a few exceptions.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Schade with a goal in his second appearance since September. Smooth operator.

Nice. Gotta take it with a pinch of salt...this is the league that even Timo & Kai can score in after all...but I'm glad that Schade & Burkardt have been able to come back from their long layoffs in good form. Ouedraogo scored a nifty goal in his first start after a long recovery as well.

Schade's so much rawer and less technical than our other exciting young attackers, but between his physical tools and the attitude that he sometimes plays with, I can't help wondering if he can't pull a Gnabry.

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
At this point I think an opposition player could literally walk up to a Forest player in the penalty area punch them square in the face and still not concede a penalty
Well Ashley Young certainly could but would flop after and somehow be the one to get the free kick

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Nottingham on that Savant bullshit
I mean, if the VAR is a Luton fan, I wouldn’t exactly call it BS. I might call it Kool Aid, but if that’s the truth, they are right that he should have been no where near that game.

Man Palace
Yeah those 12 games a year where Olise and Eze are both healthy are always a doozy. I would say it is unlucky to play Palace when both of them are healthy. And Roy is gone now too which is a bonus for them

Last edited:
Reactions: luiginb

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
He is, but he's also just genuinely a terrible referee, so while the optics of it are really bad, it's really unlikely that he's match fixing and instead just performing at his usual level
Right I mean you’ve hit the nail on the head here, if he was like the best official in the world you can make the case for him to be there, but the optics are so bad alone, that it’s crazy to even put that person in that spot if their talents do not justify it.

Either way PGMOL has done this to themselves with their lack of transparency and being mostly allergic to accountability. Good process.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I'd love to see replays of the penalty shouts, but a quick google doesn't turn up anything yet.
Either way, to me (and maybe just me), the narrative should be that PGMOL need to pay more attention to their appointments. But Webb and co are just going to take the position of “how dare you question it”; which at best is regressive. The fact is this is easily avoidable if they just put the Luton fan on a different game.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
LFC 1-0 following Trent free kick. Nothing else has happened

Glad to not concede first.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Would be insanely funny if VAR was like “Fulham should’ve had a corner rather than the goal kick which started this” and pulled this play back.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Would be insanely funny if VAR was like “Fulham should’ve had a corner rather than the goal kick which started this” and pulled this play back.
Oh my goodness could you imagine? I think there’s some logic that should be reviewable but not by the team who got the advantage from it. I’m not going there

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad