GWT: EPL - Matchweek 33

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Well Bruno doesn't. Or Mainoo.

Can't ignore the fact that ETH hasn't been able to play his best starting eleven a single time this season due to injuries.
Sure he hasn’t had an ideal starting XI, but they just got outshot by Bournemouth 20-8 (5-2 on target). That’s not acceptable even if they’re playing the U23 team.

Like I don’t care who is injured, this is pathetic:

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Sure he hasn’t had an ideal starting XI, but they just got outshot by Bournemouth 20-8 (5-2 on target). That’s not acceptable even if they’re playing the U23 team.
Just based on last season, his system seems to be extremely reliant on Martinez and Shaw being on the pitch and when they're out, everything collapses and he doesn't have a back-up. I caught a bit of the Sky Sports studio before closing the stream and Redknapp highlighted Casemiro's performance in the 2nd Bournemouth goal. IT's just mindboggling how he has fallen off from last season's performances as he was also very crucial in ETH's system.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Just based on last season, his system seems to be extremely reliant on Martinez and Shaw being on the pitch and when they're out, everything collapses and he doesn't have a back-up. I caught a bit of the Sky Sports studio before closing the stream and Redknapp highlighted Casemiro's performance in the 2nd Bournemouth goal. IT's just mindboggling how he has fallen off from last season's performances as he was also very crucial in ETH's system.
Sounds like he’s a trash coach if two injuries takes you from being Manchester United to being Luton Town defensively.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Maybe he could have invested funds into similar profile players as Lisandro/Shaw rather than wasting money on Mason Mount, Antony, and a washed up Casemiro. It's not like he has had no money to spend.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Maybe he could have invested funds into similar profile players as Lisandro/Shaw rather than wasting money on Mason Mount, Antony, and a washed up Casemiro. It's not like he has had no money to spend.
Actually United had no money to spend in the winter transfer window, due to FFP. And Casemiro was anything but washed up last season.

Reactions: luiginb

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Actually United had no money to spend in the winter transfer window, due to FFP.
They have ~€360M net spend over the past 2 years, including ~€140M this past summer, so ETH can hardly cry poor. They've spent the money poorly.

And Casemiro was anything but washed up last season.
Ok maybe he wasn't last season. So they spent ~€70M on a 30+ year old midfielder that gave them one good season. No one could have seen that decline coming...

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
They have ~€360M net spend over the past 2 years, including ~€140M this past summer, so ETH can hardly cry poor. They've spent the money poorly.

Ok maybe he wasn't last season. So they spent ~€70M on a 30+ year old midfielder that gave them one good season. No one could have seen that decline coming...
Read the full quote.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Read the full quote.
I'm very capable of reading. It's just that having no money to spend this winter isn't the excuse you think it is.

They spent €360M net in the 2 years since ETH took over. That's more than Arsenal, Liverpool, City, and Spurs spent over the same period. They've spent the money poorly and ETH has gotten very little out of the players they have.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I'm very capable of reading. It's just that having no money to spend this winter isn't the excuse you think it is.

They spent €360M net in the 2 years since ETH took over. That's more than Arsenal, Liverpool, City, and Spurs spent over the same period. They've spent the money poorly and ETH has gotten very little out of the players they have.
I didn't say that. Read the full quote, especially after the comma.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Some whispers that Alisson is back tomorrow but not confirmed. Either way he’s close.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad