GWT: EPL - Matchweek 33

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
There's a new team atop the table and they will likely need a win in a tough match, hosting an Aston Villa side battling for top 4 and champion's league football. That is not the only big matchup in the fight for top 4, as Spurs travel north to take on the Magpies to kick off the matchweek. We also get a sneaky relegation six pointer, when Brentford hosts a Sheffield United team coming off a big draw against Chelsea. Speaking of London, the matchweek also features a London derby, with West Ham hosting Fulham.

HomeAwayTime and Date (CT)Venue
Newcastle UnitedTottenham HotspurSat., Apr. 13, 6:30 AMSt. James's Park
BrentfordSheffield UnitedSat., Apr. 13, 9:00 AMGtech Community Stadium
Manchester CityLuton TownSat., Apr. 13, 9:00 AMThe Etihad
Nottingham ForestWolverhampton WanderersSat., Apr. 13, 9:00 AMCity Ground
BurnleyBrighton & Hove AlbionSat., Apr. 13, 9:00 AMTurf Moor
BournemouthManchester UnitedSat., Apr. 13, 11:30 AMVitality Stadium
LiverpoolCrystal PalaceSun., Apr. 14, 8:00 AMAnfield
West Ham UnitedFulhamSun., Apr. 14, 8:00 AMLondon Stadium
ArsenalAston VillaSun., Apr. 14, 10:30 AMThe Emirates
ChelseaEvertonMon., Apr. 15, 2:00 PMStamford Bridge

Reactions: maclean

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Newcastle has 18 points from 6 home matches against London clubs this season, including 3 wins by at least 3 goals.

What color is London? heh

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Newcastle has 18 points from 6 home matches against London clubs this season, including 3 wins by at least 3 goals.

What color is London? heh
Well they won 1-0 against Arsenal by having Bruno G assault Jorginho and scoring a goal that could have been ruled out 3 different ways.

• Haha
Reactions: luiginb

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
How isn’t that a yellow lmao.

Uhh, I guess he’s consistent in not giving painfully obvious yellows for taking down a player after he plays the ball past you :laugh:

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
He's looked good when I've seen him in the past, but he looks like total trash today.

He somehow get’s overrated cause he had some speedrecord that is totally irrelevant. Seen some Spursfans saying Van de Ven and Romero are better than Saliba and Gabriel :laugh:

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
lol the replay of that high boot from burn shows he kicked Bentancur in the shoulder and then Bentancur stayed down grabbing his head for like 2 minutes.

Should have been a foul, but also he was totally hamming it up and faking head contact.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Not a better goalscorer but certainly a better player? He’s more involved in the games than Haaland.
That's significantly due to City's system though. He's not supposed to be involved much in the buildup or static attacking play. He's meant to be a poacher and to be ready to get service in the box.

Isak's role is much different.

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
That's significantly due to City's system though. He's not supposed to be involved much in the buildup or static attacking play. He's meant to be a poacher and to be ready to get service in the box.

Isak's role is much different.

Yeah, but i think he’s so limited technically. You could compare him to Van Nistelrooy. I think the dutchman was way more technical though. I don’t agree with Roy Keane’s take that he’s like a League Two player besides the goals, but damn does he lack in terms of other things than goals.

erikhamren

May 7, 2021
Sweden
What a nice win. But it became a bit boring when we parked the bus with 30 min left. The defence were very solid tho. Isak no hattrick this day neither :(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad