GWT: EPL - Matchweek 33

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Spurs have double Arsenal's GA despite some of the best keeping in the league. A very large part of that is down to play style, midfield defensive support, and fullbacks.

But it's definitely not entirely down to that.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
He’s in better form, but he’s absolutely not better overall.
Haaland this year is basically having the season that I thought he would have last year. The real Haaland is probably somewhere in the middle. Last year he was obviously nuclear. This year the expectations were probably a bit unfairly high, but he’s still the best 9 in the league

HeHateMeFrisbee

Feb 27, 2002
Savannah, GA
Welp sure am glad I woke up early to watch that debacle...Newcastle did nothing special, we were just not able to cope with a long ball. Two f*** ups to withing a few minutes of each other didnt help either. Very concerning that we had a week to prepare and that was what we came up with...

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Burnley have ripped open Brighton a couple times this game. We are lucky to be level at the break.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Spurs have double Arsenal's GA despite some of the best keeping in the league. A very large part of that is down to play style, midfield defensive support, and fullbacks.

But it's definitely not entirely down to that.
I heard on a podcast that Spurs have 2.5x more xGA than Arsenal. Clearly that's not because Saliba and Gabriel are outstanding while playing one of the highest presses in Europe, but rather because they are insulated by their teammates. :sarcasm:

The funniest part is that it's not even Spurs fans with outlandish takes - it's two Barca fans that think Romero is god's gift to this world.

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Haaland this year is basically having the season that I thought he would have last year. The real Haaland is probably somewhere in the middle. Last year he was obviously nuclear. This year the expectations were probably a bit unfairly high, but he’s still the best 9 in the league

Last season's Haaland was the same Haaland he had been the previous couple of years in Dortmund & Salzburg...a little development, a better supporting cast, and worse defenses to feast on, but he had been nuclear for years.

Haven't seen much of him this year, but he hasn't looked nearly as focused since reaching the mountaintop, in what I have.

Last edited:

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
I heard on a podcast that Spurs have 2.5x more xGA than Arsenal. Clearly that's not because Saliba and Gabriel are outstanding while playing one of the highest presses in Europe, but rather because they are insulated by their teammates. :sarcasm:

The funniest part is that it's not even Spurs fans with outlandish takes - it's two Barca fans that think Romero is god's gift to this world.
Yeah it’s even more striking when you look at the expected. Arsenal have bad keeping which has inflated their GA, and Spurs have arguably league-best keeping deflating theirs.

Reactions: KJS14

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Really waterlogged pitch at Bournemouth. Apparently an extra 4 minutes was spent watering that side. Of course it's the one United are attacking.

Oh, poor Willy...

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
Really waterlogged pitch at Bournemouth. Apparently an extra 4 minutes was spent watering that side. Of course it's the one United are attacking.

Oh, poor Willy...
Didn't affect Garnacho making an absolutely shite pass on a fast break, and then giving the ball away that led to the goal.

He's still too raw to be entrenched as a regular in the lineup, but ETH hates squad rotation unless he's forced to do it.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Didn't affect Garnacho making an absolutely shite pass on a fast break, and then giving the ball away that led to the goal.

He's still too raw to be entrenched as a regular in the lineup, but ETH hates squad rotation unless he's forced to do it.
That happened on United's own side of the pitch.

There's not much options for Garnacho.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad