GWT: EPL - Matchweek 33

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I did not think you could display a greater lack of self-awareness, and then you came up with this gem :laugh:
Says the guy with zero self awareness himself.
Pointing to others while doing the same trumpist crap over and over again.

Reactions: cgf

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Says the guy with zero self awareness himself.
Pointing to others while doing the same trumpist crap over and over again.

Calling someone else trumpian & accusing them of lying after responding to your own mistake by trying to gaslight people is just...*chef's kiss*

I want to see you on Real Housewives...

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Calling someone else trumpian & accusing them of lying after responding to your own mistake by trying to gaslight people is just...*chef's kiss*

I want to see you on Real Housewives...
I made zero mistake.
So... :dunno:

OTOH, you tried to gaslight people with nationality and stuff that had nothing to do with the ACTUAL ARGUMENT. You know, exactly what you accuse others of doing.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Again, I made zero mistake. You OTOH, tried to gaslight people with crappy stuff that had no link to the discussion. As usual.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I dunno if he's already DPOY caliber, but I think he's already the best defensive big man...or at least he has been since they took the training wheels off. Brunson goes at guys like Gobert & Davis hard more often than not, but Wemby makes him pull up and explore his options.

Kid's just an unreal deterrent at the rim and his mobility lets him make insane plays that others just can't. I think Mitchell Robinson should've gotten more recognition in recent years for his ability to defend both parts of a PnR on his own or make plays like this:

7j2x7t.gif

...but Wemby makes that look like an every day play.

Wemby's so insanely special he might be both Kawhi & Rudy in his prime.
Nah… he’ll never have the quickness to guard the Steph Curry’s (and Tyrese Maxey’s) of the world. No big can do that. Kawhi could credibly guard 1-4. Wemby won’t be quite that versatile.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Nah… he’ll never have the quickness to guard the Steph Curry’s (and Tyrese Maxey’s) of the world. No big can do that. Kawhi could credibly guard 1-4. Wemby won’t be quite that versatile.

Maybe not...though I'm not sure, he defends down very well already...but Kawhi couldn't guard both parts of a pick n roll or pop the way Wemby can.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Maybe not...though I'm not sure, he defends down very well already...but Kawhi couldn't guard both parts of a pick n roll or pop the way Wemby can.
Even if he could, it would be silly to have him defending out on the perimeter. You want him reasonably close to the basket where that 50 ft wingspan can wreak havoc.

Reactions: cgf

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Even without the versatility, having a big man able to essentially make the paint irrelevant is huge for perimeter defenders.

Reactions: Jack Straw and cgf

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad