GWT: EPL - Matchweek 32

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I can

I can handle criticism of the team and club. I have taken part myself, especially about the way the club has been run in the past.

I simply disagree with you about what constitutes a punch. To me, it's a nothing incident, and Yates knows exactly what he is doing when falling down and asking the ref to review. My assumption about you is based on how you have expressed you viewed the incident.
The only thing you need to assume about me is that I saw what everyone else saw during that game.

This is how the Merriam Webster dictionary defines “punch”

Which is kind of funny because “poke” is one of the synonyms here. And as was said earlier, he was poked like the pillsbury doughboy. You don’t need to be Mike Tyson to throw a punch. If you don’t think that constitutes a punch, take it up with the dictionary

And don’t tell me about being able to handle criticism when yall did the same thing and went to personal insults when I mentioned Ange contradicted himself on his thoughts on referees. The fact that you keep doubling down on it, is saying more about you than it does me.

HeHateMeFrisbee

Feb 27, 2002
Savannah, GA
While the dictionary (cant believe you actually went and did that...wow) might say a poke is the same as a punch, they clearly are not the same at all.

Do you really think that's a red card offense - if that's your standard then I guess we just enjoy different parts of the game.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
While the dictionary (cant believe you actually went and did that...wow) might say a poke is the same as a punch, they clearly are not the same at all.

Do you really think that's a red card offense - if that's your standard then I guess we just enjoy different parts of the game.
I mean it’s not a ton of effort to put the words punch and definition into Google. Again if you don’t like the definition take it up with the dictionary and the thesaurus

HeHateMeFrisbee

Feb 27, 2002
Savannah, GA
If I poke your face, and then punch you in the face, do you think you would still say they are the same thing?

Again, if that's a red card then the game is gone. It's not violent conduct, it's silly, hand bags stuff between two soft players.

Reactions: luiginb

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
If I poke your face, and then punch you in the face, do you think you would still say they are the same thing?

Again, if that's a red card then the game is gone. It's not violent conduct, it's silly, hand bags stuff between two soft players.
Again, take it up with the dictionary and the thesaurus

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
In the year of our lord two thousand and twenty four, we are talking about who got bullied or who peaked in high school on a small soccer sub forum of a hockey forum. What a time to be alive.
Admittedly, my reply looks pretty dumb reading it back - I meant it more to mock bringing up high school, but it may not have come across that way.

The forum is great for the most intellectual soccer fans in the world to engage in insightful debates :sarcasm:, but not the best for understanding tone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad