GWT: EPL - Matchweek 32

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013

The 26-year-old barged into Estupinan and when the Brighton star responded with a slight nudge, White fell to the ground clutching his throat.

‘Should we mention the Ben White incident?’ Match of the Day host Lineker asked on The Rest is Football podcast.

Ex-England striker and Premier League legend Shearer responded: ‘Yes we should! What a f*****g joke.’

Lineker continued: ‘What I don’t understand, I don’t like and never have liked play-acting. I don’t get it or understand why players do it, but especially now when you’ve got so many cameras at the ground and you’ve got VAR anyway that will look back at incidents.

‘Do you not think to yourself, that’s a bit embarrassing doing that? And Ben White is not the only one by the way, lots of players do it, but I just don’t know why you’d bring that on yourself. You just look at prat.’

Shearer added: ‘Absolutely, it was embarrassing, very embarrassing.’
Yeah I'm not sure why White did that, but I do find it funny that they said "I don't get why players do this when they know VAR will look at it" as if the VAR referees aren't incompetent half the time.

Reactions: spintheblackcircle

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Yeah I'm not sure why White did that, but I do find it funny that they said "I don't get why players do this when they know VAR will look at it" as if the VAR referees aren't incompetent half the time.
VAR watched James Maddison literally punch someone in the stomach.

Well done boys, good process

Another banner week for the officials

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
VAR watched James Maddison literally punch someone in the stomach.

Well done boys, good process

Another banner week for the officials

HAHAH, ok

"Yates is a nice lad but this type of behaviour [protesting], he does a lot of this. I don't like the look of it. He's asking the officials to look at VAR.

"There's no need for him to do that. He's a tough boy, he likes to give it out, if you're going to give it out you've got to take it and I think it's a big dramatic the way he goes down.

"Get on with the game, toughen up a little bit."

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
HAHAH, ok

"Yates is a nice lad but this type of behaviour [protesting], he does a lot of this. I don't like the look of it. He's asking the officials to look at VAR.

"There's no need for him to do that. He's a tough boy, he likes to give it out, if you're going to give it out you've got to take it and I think it's a big dramatic the way he goes down.

So are you saying that Maddison didn’t throw a punch?

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
It’s high quality PL reffing.

If you move your head one millimeter towards another player and hit him, it’s an automatic red. If you turn and punch him aw from the ball (or elbow him on the head as seen earlier this year), it has to actually be a hard punch (or elbow) to get a red.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
hardly a punch...you must be kind of soft i guess.
That says more about Maddison. I’m not saying he murdered the guy. But that’s a punch.
He got poked in the belly like the Pillsberry doughboy and he fell down like he got shot by a cannon.
Again no one is confusing James Maddison with Mike Tyson. That doesn’t change that he punched a guy.

Punch is a punch.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
HAHAH, ok

My rule of thumb is if it came out of Roy Keane's mouth it's most likely some boomer BS. He defaults to the tough guy persona, but then he'll get his panties in a twist over Brazil or Colombia players dancing to celebrate a goal. Good player, terrible pundit.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
And so you must be the guy that peaked in HS and tries to relive the glory days like a loser huh?
There is a certain amount of irony about people who post on internet message boards trying to imply they were cooler in high school than other people posting on internet message boards.

Also again it’s the Tottenham fans who cannot stand when anyone points out negative about their team, so they want to just go for the personal, non-soccer related attacks. That’s weaker than Maddison’s punch.

Last edited:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
lmao thinking the Danilo play was anything similar to the Romero or Bissouma plays.

This forum never ceases to amaze.
“Maddison punched some one”

“It didn’t count because Roy Keane said it wasn’t hard enough”

“Are you saying he didn’t hit him”

“Shut up wimp, you must have been unpopular in high school”

“So he did hit him”

“But Danilo tackled our guy”

Yup

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Is there anywhere that isn’t Tottenham fan accounts clamoring for these?

HeHateMeFrisbee

Feb 27, 2002
Savannah, GA
I Did not refute because it did not deserve a response; would you believe me if I refuted it?
This does not deserve a response either, but I am going to say it says more about yall than it does about me that you need to negatively talk about what someone MIGHT be like outside of a message board, because you can’t handle legitimate criticism about a soccer team that plays on a different continent.
I can handle criticism of the team and club. I have taken part myself, especially about the way the club has been run in the past.

I simply disagree with you about what constitutes a punch. To me, it's a nothing incident, and Yates knows exactly what he is doing when falling down and asking the ref to review. My assumption about you is based on how you have expressed you viewed the incident.

Last edited:

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
In the year of our lord two thousand and twenty four, we are talking about who got bullied or who peaked in high school on a small soccer sub forum of a hockey forum. What a time to be alive.
Um... who says that your lord is my lord, huh? Maybe my lord isn't that old... but sure, go ahead and assume things.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad