GWT: EPL - Matchweek 32

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I know the players must be tired because I'm getting tired of making these tables! Another day, another matchweek. This one features the infamous @robertmac43 derby and the once-intriguing rivalry between Man U and Liverpool. We also have a relegation six pointer with Everton hosting Burnley.

HomeAwayTime and Date (CT)Venue
Crystal PalaceManchester CitySat., Apr. 6, 6:30 AMSelhurst Park
Wolverhampton WanderersWest Ham UnitedSat., Apr. 6, 9:00 AMMolineux Stadium
EvertonBurnleySat., Apr. 6, 9:00 AMGoodison Park
Aston VillaBrentfordSat., Apr. 6, 9:00 AMVilla Park
FulhamNewcastle UnitedSat., Apr. 6, 9:00 AMCraven Cottage
Luton TownBournemouthSat., Apr. 6, 9:00 AMKenilworth Road
Brighton & Hove AlbionArsenalSat., Apr. 6, 11:30 AMThe AmEx
Manchester UnitedLiverpoolSun., Apr. 7, 9:30 AMOld Trafford
Sheffield UnitedChelseaSun., Apr. 7, 11:30 AMBramall Lane
Tottenham HotspurNottingham ForestSun., Apr. 7, 12:00 PMTottenham Hotspur Stadium

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
The game of the season for LFC (until the next game :laugh: )

Man United will be a very difficult opponent they always bring their A game versus LFC. LFC need to be clinical with their chances especially Diaz and Salah.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

Man United will be a very difficult opponent they always bring their A game versus LFC. LFC need to be clinical with their chances especially Diaz and Salah.

I understand this based on history and being a Liverpool fan, but as a neutral, I think this may get ugly for ManU.

Reactions: bluesfan94

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I understand this based on history and being a Liverpool fan, but as a neutral, I think this may get ugly for ManU.
Manchester United have the perfect players to threaten them, you need speed at the attack and ability to take on defenders. The question mark with United is more can they stop Liverpool from scoring. That will be their biggest challenge.

Reactions: luiginb

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC

You guys drubbed them 7-0 just last season, in an off-year to boot.

Given the stakes, I'd be shocked if Liverpool doesn't come away with all three points. Manchester United's season is already over.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
You guys drubbed them 7-0 just last season, in an off-year to boot.

Given the stakes, I'd be shocked if Liverpool doesn't come away with all three points. Manchester United's season is already over.
That scoreline does not represent well that match. LFC were so clinical that game and Man United (I love the meme coming out of it though :laugh:) lost their head in the 2nd half. The other 3 games of Ten Hag vs LFC were 0-0 at Anfield and 4-3 United W in ET and 2-1 United W.
I favor LFC but Manchester United are not as terrible as what is paroted in the media.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
That scoreline does not represent well that match. LFC were so clinical that game and Man United (I love the meme coming out of it though :laugh:) lost their head in the 2nd half. The other 3 games of Ten Hag vs LFC were 0-0 at Anfield and 4-3 United W in ET and 2-1 United W.
I favor LFC but Manchester United are not as terrible as what is paroted in the media.

Yeah, I know that Manchester United has played a decent first half that match but still.

I personally think they're worse than advertised TBH. I think their 3rd place finish last year was extremely flattering when compared to the eye test.

Reactions: Wee Baby Seamus

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
will chelsea start stringing together league wins or are we losing 2-1

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Brighton can take this one off imo.

It should be fun though, our family Easter is this weekend and we got both the Brighton and Arsenal family in bound for the game.
Need Brighton to do work against Arsenal and/or City. Them and Tottenham are the only two that are Hosting Arsenal and City; those are the only games those two are going to have a chance of dropping in.

There are eight games left, and I still think LFC needs to win at least seven of them to stay in first. Which they can do, but ugh. Arsenal and City both advancing in UCL to play each other would be huge

Last edited:

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
will chelsea start stringing together league wins or are we losing 2-1
For all the silly, we haven’t lost in 90 minutes since February 4 and we’re 9-4-4 in all comps in 2024. Only 2 of our 10 league losses have come since January 1.

So we’ll lose, don’t worry

• Haha
Reactions: Peen

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
City goes down early. Perfect finish by Mateta.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Perfect shot by De Bruyne.

Haaland again continues struggling to score.

Edit: Cool dribbling by Ortega inside the box, being pressed by a Palace player.

Last edited:

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
you absolutely know that after not calling that a pen, there’s gonna be a decision later where there’s the tiniest bit of contact that ends up being awarded

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Not a whole lot of trouble for City after the early goal against. De Bruyne with another great goal.

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
And it looked like Carlos got suplexed/tackled on that corner. Gave away the foul though.

good finish by Ollie as well

Last edited:

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Moder back to starting, feels like along time coming on that front. Don't know if there are going to be many goals for Brighton with Mitoma still out and Ferguson making his way back to full capacity slowly.

Arsenal should be able to take care of business here:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad