GWT: EPL - Matchweek 31

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
True. But you still should have won this game.
For sure. They definitely should have won today.

But if we were all just assuming we'd lose to City and win out every other game, then that's pretty bad too. If you already think we're losing to City, then just give them the title.

Choked twice in a row after having 2-0 leads and you expect a result against City? The question is not if City will beat Arsenal it is how much will they humiliate them.

The title race is over. Just like last year Arsenal are folding when the chips are down.
see above. If you already think we're going to lose to them, then we didn't deserve the title.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
For sure. They definitely should have won today.

But if we were all just assuming we'd lose to City and win out every other game, then that's pretty bad too. If you already think we're losing to City, then just give them the title.

see above. If you already think we're going to lose to them, then we didn't deserve the title.
When you choke two 2-0 leads in a row in a tight title race, you indeed do not deserve squat.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I know they just did it against Pool but I didn't see them blowing another 2-0 against West Ham, that's brutal.

If they lose the game at Etihad... I don't want to say it's over, but it feels very close to being over for Arsenal.

Saka will undoubtedly get a lot of shit for that missed penalty but it's not as if Arsenal generated much of anything after that in 40 minutes either, and they still had the lead.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Choked twice in a row after having 2-0 leads and you expect a result against City? The question is not if City will beat Arsenal it is how much will they humiliate them.

The title race is over. Just like last year Arsenal are folding when the chips are down.
Haaland hat trick inside the first 10 mins.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
When you choke two 2-0 leads in a row in a tight title race, you indeed do not deserve squat.
Not trying to spin dropping two 2-0 leads into a good thing, but again we still control our own destiny. We get a win against Southampton and a result against City then we've got momentum back. But you doom and gloomers have already handed City the 3 points.

Saka will undoubtedly get a lot of shit for that missed penalty but it's not as if Arsenal generated much of anything after that in 40 minutes either, and they still had the lead.
It was just as much on the defense being incredible lazy on that 2nd goal. Ball was in the air for an eternity and no one challenged for it.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
I know they just did it against Pool but I didn't see them blowing another 2-0 against West Ham, that's brutal.

If they lose the game at Etihad... I don't want to say it's over, but it feels very close to being over for Arsenal.

it is what it is...when he has a good game, the glory comes with it, a little overboard at times, but can't escape criticism when you bottle it like he did.
Gabriel wasn't very good either, IMO the player that gave West Ham belief they could get something from this game.
that pen he gave up was flat out clumsy, and naïve.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
United probably need a 2nd goal to win.

Anthony with almost an unreal goal… but it did make me notice his terrible neck/throat tatoo. God it’s awful. Is it new?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad