GWT: EPL - Matchweek 31

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
i don’t think their all gonna bust but we should take into consideration the nature of the league.

This. The BuLi is generally well-coached, so it's important for EPL teams to be realistic about the quality of their coaching staff.

If they have the competence to make use of the talent they're buying then like most players they'll find it easier to score in england...I mean this is a league where akanji is one of the best defenders & Mane looked like a superstar FFS :laugh:

But if they're like most english teams, then they should just stick to players who don't know how to think or what a midfield is :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I agree with the assessment of Gallagher being somewhat technically limited to be a really top player/starter for side aiming for CL spots. He certainly puts in the efffort, so no fault in that regard, but he just comes up a bit short at crucial times.

He is a fine player to have as an energy sub to inspire others to put in an effort too and maybe a few starts here and there, but not someone who a team should be thinking when planning to build a winner.
Don't get me wrong I don't think he's a great technical player, passing especially is his biggest weakness, but yesterdays game was hardly an example of that as he was all around one of our best players. Similar to Werner he gets a lot more notice because he's always involved, while many of the passengers we have jog around and get to hide because they just aren't involved in the play.
I still maintain Chelsea got rid of the wrong German and that Werner would've been better to have than Havertz.
Yes absolutely.

Last edited:

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Interesting Tierney starting, had just been reading about WH possibly focusing on exposing Zinchenko defensively, Arteta one step ahead :sarcasm:

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Nkunku's going to be a very welcome change for Chelsea if they can get him feeling comfortable & confident
Easier to see him bombing considering the shit show he's getting into. That team needs a hard reset and hard to trust after seeing them for the past year

Reactions: maclean

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Just tuned in because I thought it was starting 30 minutes past the hour... and I guess it's over already.

Or maybe not, if they score here.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Just tuned in because I thought it was starting 30 minutes past the hour... and I guess it's over already.

Or maybe not, if they score here.

I mean Arsenal managed to throw away an early 2-0 lead just last week

Yeah not a fan of that

Reactions: JoVel

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
At this point I just want to hold on till half so Arteta can give the boys a bit of a reset

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
OK let me rephrase my point - *I* just want to hold on till half, that's not the attitude I want the team to take :help:

• Haha
Reactions: JoVel

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
that moment where as a fan youre like "HAND" and then the ref actually calls it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad