GWT: EPL - Matchweek 31

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
Good win and performance with Newcastle and Spurs losing. Bruno, Eriksen and Antony all very good. Navas kept the score down.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
On a(n) (un)related note, Nottingham Forest had zero shots on goal

They did hit the woodwork once, although that was off an arm so wouldn’t have counted. Overall their most dangerous chances were corners or long throw where they put nearly everyone in the 6 yard box and just hoped to bang one in somehow.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
de Gea leading the league in clean sheets even though United’s GA is only the sixth best in the league has gotta be some kind of record. Crazy how many of United’s goals against have come in batterings.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
They did hit the woodwork once, although that was off an arm so wouldn’t have counted. Overall their most dangerous chances were corners or long throw where they put nearly everyone in the 6 yard box and just hoped to bang one in somehow.
Right, so I wouldn’t say DDG had a whole lot to do with the clean sheet. I could have gotten a clean sheet if I faced zero shots on goal. Kudos though

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011

The stats like this one and Jorginho being 3rd in goals for us speak volumes.

Just no attack.

I looked at the complete list, here's the others with 2. Enzo, Chilwell, Silva, Cucurella, Mount, and Sterling. So, that's 2 winter transfers, 2 LB/LWB/LCB, 1 CB, and then 2 attackers. And I remember back to 11/12, where our attack was in transition before Hazard came and when the old guard starting falling off, but even then guys like Mata and Sturridge were good in attack, this team is just pathetic to watch, with what in theory is a more talented squad.

And then I saw a quote that Lampard said the players lack significantly in fitness, and that's why they look like they aren't trying and just going through the motions. What was Potter doing, and damn did the team just give up on him if they aren't in good enough shape to give 100% effort on the pitch.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I looked at the complete list, here's the others with 2. Enzo, Chilwell, Silva, Cucurella, Mount, and Sterling. So, that's 2 winter transfers, 2 LB/LWB/LCB, 1 CB, and then 2 attackers. And I remember back to 11/12, where our attack was in transition before Hazard came and when the old guard starting falling off, but even then guys like Mata and Sturridge were good in attack, this team is just pathetic to watch, with what in theory is a more talented squad.

And then I saw a quote that Lampard said the players lack significantly in fitness, and that's why they look like they aren't trying and just going through the motions. What was Potter doing, and damn did the team just give up on him if they aren't in good enough shape to give 100% effort on the pitch.
If the starters don't have the fitness to compete, imagine how bad the bench players have to be to still be riding the bench.

Reactions: bleedblue1223

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
If the starters don't have the fitness to compete, imagine how bad the bench players have to be to still be riding the bench.
In Potter's defense, I think this is one of the main reasons you don't want a bloated squad. How can you get them enough training time to be prepared tactically and physically.

Reactions: robertmac43

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
Arsenal bottling plant back open for business.

Sat there wondering why Jesus was standing with the ball before the penalty and the sigh of relief when Saka came over to take it. :surrender

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
1681746646292.png

hahahaha

• Haha
Reactions: Jussi

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
If LFC score today, it will be their first away goal at a bottom half this season. Looks like they are doing their take on the City formation again; like they did against Arsenal. It will read like a 433 but it will probably play like:

Diogo Salah
Gakpo
Jones Fabinho Trent Henderson
Robertson Virgil Konate​

They don’t really have the personnel for this yet but may as well experiment. Not really sure their prospective signing fit this mold too well either so kind of weird but hey it can’t get any worse so let’s see what happens

Last edited:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I thought that was a handball on Trent tbh. First away goal vs bottom ten this season 1-0 LFC. Gakpo with the tap in

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I thought that was a handball on Trent tbh. First away goal vs bottom ten this season 1-0 LFC. Gakpo with the tap in

Since it wasn't immediately before the goal it has to be deliberate or in an unnatural position for VAR to call it back. I think it's fair to say that it wasn't a clear and obvious error that it was a deliberate hand ball.

That said, those are usually given about 98% of the time in the midfield like that.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Since it wasn't immediately before the goal it has to be deliberate or in an unnatural position for VAR to call it back. I think it's fair to say that it wasn't a clear and obvious error that it was a deliberate hand ball.

That said, those are usually given about 98% of the time in the midfield like that.
I wouldn’t have argued if they took that goal off the board. Salah made it 2-0 so I feel less guilty about it though (for now)

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Gotta think that wraps up the points.

Pretty poor keeping from Meslier there, too. If you're going to come, you have to win it. And then he put the large side of his body on the side where Jota all but couldn't put the ball.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Diogo first goal in like a year. He needed that badly.

speaking if needing badly I’m only half kidding when I say to bring in Daniel Sturridge as a chip coach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad