GWT: EPL - Matchweek 3

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
He's been running better than last season, but has still lacked end product. If he can start doing this, he'll be great again.
Hasn't that always been the case with him, he doesn't have the best end-product, but when he's at his best, he creates a lot of chances through his speed, dribbling, and quick cuts?

Reactions: Blender

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Sterling is still useless right?
Consistency is the expectation for a starter. Nice that he's had a few good runs to start the season, but let's see if he can make runs like that game after game and be a consistent threat within games.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Hasn't that always been the case with him, he doesn't have the best end-product, but when he's at his best, he creates a lot of chances through his speed, dribbling, and quick cuts?
I meant more that last season he didn't create many chances either since he usually gave the ball away or knocked it out for a goal kick. He did that a bunch against Liverpool and West Ham still as well.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Sterling plays two good consecutive games for the first time in a decade against relegation teams and we are trying to dunk

What the hell

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
He'll have to do it a lot longer than 1 or 2 games against relegation level teams to convince me otherwise.
I am fine with this but people claiming he was one of the weakest link while I see the opposite. He is the main creator along with Enzo on that chelsea side.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I meant more that last season he didn't create many chances either since he usually gave the ball away or knocked it out for a goal kick. He did that a bunch against Liverpool and West Ham still as well.
True. Last season, he was a lost cause, but he's had a handful of highlight type runs already this season. If he can add consistency with those, for a full 90 minutes and over multiple matches, we'll be in good shape.

Reactions: Peen and Blender

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Consistency is the expectation for a starter. Nice that he's had a few good runs to start the season, but let's see if he can make runs like that game after game and be a consistent threat within games.
Again, fine with it but he is the best attacker at Chelsea by a mile right now.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
And that differnce in Sterling is what we need to see in Mudryk. Both of them are basically chaos creaters with the speed and dribbling. When it's controlled, it's extremely dangerous, when it's not, they are useless and just give the ball away.

Reactions: Blender

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Again, fine with it but he is the best attacker at Chelsea by a mile right now.
An attack that last season mostly consisted of Sterling, Havertz, and a revolving door of whatever random player one of the 5 managers decided to stick with them.

When you're making £325k/week and starting every game, the expectations are way higher than "dribbles a lot against relegation sides".

Reactions: gary69

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
An attack that last season mostly consisted of Sterling, Havertz, and a revolving door of whatever random player one of the 5 managers decided to stick with them.

When you're making £325k/week and starting every game, the expectations are way higher than "dribbles a lot against relegation sides".
Salary is irrelevant if you have players on 50k/week that don't offer more.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Looks like Pochettino has managed to get Gallagher to be a bit more controlled, which is great. He's been covering huge ground this season while not being anywhere near as reckless as he could be last season.

Reactions: bleedblue1223

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
Caicedo looks really isolated in the centre of that midfield. I know it probably doesn't matter against Luton but still they need another midfielder there. Colwill probably should be in as a LCB instead of LB.

But they've scored 3 goals within a month, can't take that for granted after last season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad