GWT: EPL - Matchweek 28 (ft. MW 17)

cheechoo

˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗ Tomas Hertl #48 ˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗
Dec 13, 2018
suspended in gaffa
Now that the big game is over I'll share my thoughts on Villa-Spurs.

Absolutely crucial win for Spurs. Probably their best performance in a good while.

Happy to see Johnson and Kulusevski performing well.

Sarr is soooooooo f***ing good.

Sucks to see Micky get injured. Thought Dragusin did well though.

McGinn is an absolute idiot.

What happened to VDV?

And what did McGinn do?

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
What happened to VDV?

And what did McGinn do?
Van de Ven seemed to injure his knee.

McGinn was frustrated with how the game was going and kicked a sprinting Udogie's legs out, nowhere near the ball. He got sent off and is now suspended for three games, so Villa’s midfield is looking very light now.

Reactions: cheechoo

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I get not wanting to make the officials the story. But yeesh. That’s a dangerous play. Studs up that high into the body, getting the ball or not. Both players have a right to go for the ball. But fairly.

It’s just more of the consistency issue I have across the board with officiating. You never know what you’re getting week to week, half to half. They call that a penalty in the game next week, and then everyone’s still confused.

Either way, at home, injuries or not, you’d like to have 3, though City had chances to take all 3.

Arsenal do have the momentum and chance now. I’m just happy to see a legit race. I think City at home, likely are slight favorites. But we shall see.

Reactions: robertmac43

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
IMG_5850.jpeg

I mean… at slow motion it doesn’t look great to me.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
There's no league in the world where that's not a foul.
But the LFC fans just like to whine apparently

I’d probably be laughing my ass off if I was an Arsenal fan too.

No conspiracies just look at what happened on the field

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
If you are Doku you just can't be putting your boot that high in the box. You are asking for a pen at that point

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
If you are Doku you just can't be putting your boot that high in the box. You are asking for a pen at that point
It’s a pen. It takes a spot in the pantheon next to the Rodri handball. Had to hear all week about a bloody drop ball. So this should be everywhere. This is a potential title deciding bad decision

Reactions: luiginb

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Just want to say, even with the robbery today Klopp is so obviously the best Manager of the Season. Resoundingly. No one else does what he is doing.

I get not wanting to make the officials the story. But yeesh. That’s a dangerous play. Studs up that high into the body, getting the ball or not. Both players have a right to go for the ball. But fairly.

It’s just more of the consistency issue I have across the board with officiating. You never know what you’re getting week to week, half to half. They call that a penalty in the game next week, and then everyone’s still confused.

Either way, at home, injuries or not, you’d like to have 3, though City had chances to take all 3.

Arsenal do have the momentum and chance now. I’m just happy to see a legit race. I think City at home, likely are slight favorites. But we shall see.
The officials are the story. They should be the story. This is league deciding incompetence

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
I put more blame on VAR for not sending him over to the screen.
VAR is completely broken, it's absurd. Way too much emphasis on what the call on the field was. What the ref called should not matter at all, they don't have the benefit of multiple angles and slower speed.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I put more blame on VAR for not sending him over to the screen.
Yes. I am fine with Oliver not spotting the high kick because of his position and not calling a PK just because a player goes down but it was VAR job to send him to the monitor if he missed an obvious foul which he did.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I dunno what the solution is. In the last moments of the match, you’d hope they would go overboard to make sure they were right. Not act like they’re trying to warm up the bus to get out of town.

Maybe a coach challenge a game. I don’t know. It’s just weird

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1