GWT: EPL - Matchweek 28 (ft. MW 17)

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Unless the point he's trying to make is "these trends are weird, but the calls are totally justified" then I'm not sure what including the United or Bournemouth penalties were. Both were very obvious calls.
I think it’s just late additions to the data. The Bournemouth thing (later in article) is to counter the notion that small teams don’t get calls. Utd I think was just adding to data/talking About trends

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I’m just picking your quote because I like you the best, not picking on you here.

But yeah I said the same thing about no one else doing that to City and I stand by that too. I don’t think there are many times where someone has out possessed, outshot AND out xG’s City’s A Team; especially with their B Team. That just doesn’t happen. That happened yesterday.

Most raised feet to play balls don’t go into people’s chest. So I think there’s a bit of common sense that has to be involved here

:laugh::laugh::laugh: Upa

xG Bayern 2.36 - City 1.34 (aggregate 3.35 - 3.49)

Screenshot-2024-03-11-at-2-54-33-PM.png

Screenshot-2024-03-11-at-2-58-39-PM.png

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Nice hockey deflection from Jackson there, but Newcastle never get scored on there with Pope in goal.
It seemed like the keeper was assuming Jackson would stop it and he was trying to be ready for another shot. If he had started moving towards the initial shot from Palmer he would have easily been in position to get a hand to the deflection.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
I hate short corners in general (after watching Barca for years do nothing with them), but at least those were exceptionally short teams. But when a team like Newcastle does it with Botman, Schar and Burn on the pitch it's mind boggling.

And now Newcastle loses Gordon to injury as well.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I hate short corners in general (after watching Barca for years do nothing with them), but at least those were exceptionally short teams. But when a team like Newcastle does it with Botman, Schar and Burn on the pitch it's mind numbing.

And now Newcastle loses Gordon to injury as well.
It's one thing to do a short corner as part of a strategy to get your big guys a bit more space. Act like you're gonna move it central then swing it back wide and send it in while the defense is trying to step up.

But that was just a total trash corner that had no hope of succeeding.

Reactions: luiginb

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Is it a spectacular finish? Yes. But why is Trevoh Chalobah dinking that out and then chasing a ball he's never gonna get? He ends up fully out of position, Disasi has to shift to cover the whole middle of the park, and we concede.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Trevoh Chalobah goes for a little walk and we concede
A lot of that should be on Enzo.

He had a break up the middle that he played straight into a Newcastle player and gave them a second shot. Gallagher won it back and then Enzo tried a stupid cross pitch ball from his own goalline that never landed well. Then Gusto and Chalobah both tried to be too cute with the ball.

Jackson was offside??? I'm am shocked!

Reactions: Peen

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Wasn't Malo Gusto the one doing those circus stunts that lost Chelsea the ball? It was Chalobah?

Anyway Isak has those kind of shots in him from time to time. And Enzo-Caicedo as a double pivot are rough, regardless of what they've paid for them. Haven't watched Chelsea a lot this year, but why did they completely stop playing after scoring? They had looked like the much better team those first minutes. Then Palmer and Sterling disappeared and Enzo and Caicedo started defending way too low.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Wasn't Malo Gusto the one doing those circus stunts that lost Chelsea the ball? It was Chalobah?

Anyway Isak has those kind of shots in him from time to time. And Enzo-Caicedo as a double pivot are rough, regardless of what they've paid for them. Haven't watched Chelsea a lot this year, but why did they completely stop playing after scoring? They had looked like the much better team those first minutes. Then Palmer and Sterling disappeared and Enzo and Caicedo started defending way too low.
Was Gusto first, then after he lost it Chalobah got his head to the ball but decided to chase it halfway up the pitch despite having zero chance of actually making it there first.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
I talked shit about Enzo but he's taken over the game this second half. But still out of all those millions Chelsea paid, I think those 47 they paid for Palmer was their best investment. Sterling had to pass to him there and it's 3-1. Also Chelsea should shoot more at Dubravka tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00