GWT: EPL - Matchweek 27 (ft. MW 7 and 8)

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Anyway, new strategy to defend in the box. Just pretend you're remotely going to the ground and then you can just stick your hand out to stop the ball without issue.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
The fact that the recipient of the tackle was consoling Casemiro, says all about the red.

He was likely consoling Casemiro because he knows that Casemiro wasn't trying to break his ankle.

But he still went into the tackle recklessly (top half of the ball versus bottom half of it) and ended with studs on an opponents shin. That's going to be a red 95% of the time.

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
no clue how the bailey challenge was considered a pen but Buendia pulling Ings shirt and him down to the ground on the corner was not a VAR intervention

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
He was likely consoling Casemiro because he knows that Casemiro wasn't trying to break his ankle.

But he still went into the tackle recklessly (top half of the ball versus bottom half of it) and ended with studs on an opponents shin. That's going to be a red 95% of the time.
More like 50% of the time these days. I saw some of the tackles from yesterday and they were more brutal.

• Haha
Reactions: luiginb

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

It’s a stone wall red lol. Studs on his shin, could be a leg breaker.

Alcarez was probably the best player on the pitch after finally playing further up the pitch. Did casemiro twice

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
More like 50% of the time these days. I saw some of the tackles from yesterday and they were more brutal.

Can you find some examples of a player going into another player's ankle with their studs and it not resulting in a red? I'm curious how many examples of this you can find in the EPL, because that's always a red in the BuLi.

Regardless of intent.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
4 match? Or do you mean this one plus 3 full after it?
FA Cup next weekend.

Can you find some examples of a player going into another player's ankle with their studs and it not resulting in a red? I'm curious how many examples of this you can find in the EPL, because that's always a red in the BuLi.

Regardless of intent.
Casemiro didn't go into the other players ankles, he went for the ball, won it, but his foot rolled off the top of it. It was a clear yellow but red is harsh for for an accident.

• Haha

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Don't you guys know the refs will make calls that they want to make? Ask Danny Simpson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad