GWT: EPL - Matchweek 27 (ft. MW 7 and 8)

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Two make up games next midweek. Generally speaking, though, MW 27 is pretty bland. Perhaps the best match on paper will be the London derby between Fulham and Arsenal. Otherwise, it's top half vs bottom half other than West Ham-Villa, where Villa is 11th and will look to stay clear of the relegation scrap that's brewing. Midweek we at least get Crystal Palace's trip to Brighton.

HomeAwayTime and Date (CT)Venue
BournemouthLiverpoolSat., Mar. 11, 6:30 AMVitality Stadium
Leeds UnitedBrighton & Hove AlbionSat., Mar. 11, 9:00 AMElland Road
EvertonBrentfordSat., Mar. 11, 9:00 AMGoodison Park
Leicester CityChelseaSat., Mar. 11, 9:00 AMKing Power Stadium
Tottenham HotspurNottingham ForestSat., Mar. 11, 9:00 AMTottenham Stadium
Crystal PalaceManchester CitySat., Mar. 11, 11:30 AMSelhurst Park
Manchester UnitedSouthamptonSun., Mar. 12. 9:00 AMOld Trafford
West Ham UnitedAston VillaSun., Mar. 12. 9:00 AMLondon Stadium
Fulham ArsenalSun., Mar. 12. 9:00 AMCraven Cottage
Newcastle UnitedWolverhampton WanderersSun., Mar. 12. 11:30 AMSt. James's Park
SouthamptonBrentfordWed., Mar. 15, 2:30 PMSt. Mary's Stadium
Brighton & Hove AlbionCrystal PalaceWed., Mar. 15, 2:30 PMThe AmEx

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Arsenal likely has the toughest matchup on paper, but Crystal Palace is a very tough team to break down at home. City should win, but I see both them and us drawing.

Besides that, all the top-half clubs should win their matches, but I could see Liverpool potentially losing. Bournemouth got ripped apart by Citeh at home and was unfortunate against the Arsenal. Since that is such a huge match for them at this point of the season, I could see them getting crazy desperate and pulling off a random win. Then Klopp will complain about how dense the schedule is and how football doesn't allow more subs (with some pissing at the ref in postgame).

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Leeds v Brighton is usually a solid fixture. For some reason Leeds fans still get salty about the Ben White saga despite him no longer playing for Brighton.

Midweek we at least get Crystal Palace's trip to Brighton.
The most underrated derby in world football :sarcasm:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Leeds v Brighton is usually a solid fixture. For some reason Leeds fans still get salty about the Ben White saga despite him no longer playing for Brighton.

The most underrated derby in world football :sarcasm:
I love the Brighton x Crystal Palace fixture. Very fun organically formed rivalry

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Funny that Brighton got too good to waste a roster spot on that skill set and The Ev…..are the Ev
As much as i enjoyed many Maupay moments it was telling when the club got rid of him despite no real striker options after him. They would play Trossard out of position, Welbz, or Undav before Maupay. Everton likely wanted him for being poor mans Richarlison.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
As much as i enjoyed many Maupay moments it was telling when the club got rid of him despite no real striker options after him. They would play Trossard out of position, Welbz, or Undav before Maupay. Everton likely wanted him for being poor mans Richarlison.
Richarlison has been poor man’s Richarlison this season. He’s been god awful but no one talking about it because no one cares about Tottenham

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Richarlison has been poor man’s Richarlison this season. He’s been god awful but no one talking about it because no one cares about Tottenham
It was a terrible signing from the start. Forget who, but some Spurs fan on here kept coming at me for saying they would have gotten the same result from signing maupay.....yet here we are ;)

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
Despite being out for 3-4 months, Jesus (Who was mostly compared to the Richarlison-signing) was a way better signing so far and he could still play a vital part in the end of the campaign.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Wonder if Potter uses Mudryk or Madueke in the 9 role tomorrow

Sterling out injured and he played further up than Havertz (which imo contributed to why Havertz had a good match).

We don’t really have anyone else with pace to stretch.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I didn't think the Richarlison signing would go this bad. The price wasn't good but buying from another premier league club is going to cost you. He has versatility so could play all 3 forward positions and Spurs isn't a big squad so getting 1 guy who can cover for 3 is usually good business. He averaged about 10 goals a season on teams with less talent around him so you were hoping he could at least give tou that if not more. But it appears Richarlison is just Brazilian Zaha, good when he's the main man at a small club but can't cut it at the top.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Broadcast keeps talking about Salah and Neto being former team mates at Fiorentina. This is that team

meme team

also at forward was Gilardino, Giuseppe Rossi (!), Bernanrdeschi, Mario Gomez, Ilicic and Salah

insane roster

Last edited:
Reactions: luiginb

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Liverpool humming going forward but incapable of stopping anything resembling a decent counter attack. Dango Ouattara is just running through them. Bournemouth take the lead, probably against the run of play, but LFC have been hemorrhaging counter attacks

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Since i turned the game on in the 20th minute it has been all Bournemouth, and now a goal to top it of. This Liverpool team is such a shitshow

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad