GWT: EPL - Matchweek 23

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I have no idea how putting your hands on an official is a yellow. It's either an accident and nothing or should be a straight red.
I wasn't paying attention so I didn't see what happened but yes it should be a straight red. Anyone who puts their hands on me is getting thrown straight out of the game.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I wasn't paying attention so I didn't see what happened but yes it should be a straight red. Anyone who puts their hands on me is getting thrown straight out of the game.
Havertz was bumped a bit from behind and ran into the official a bit. It looked accidental but he got a yellow for it.

I just don't understand how it's a yellow. Either it's accidental (which this generally looked like) or it's intentional and it should be a straight red no matter how light the contact was.

Reactions: Live in the Now

Epictetus

YNWA
Jan 2, 2010
Ontario
Nothing worse than looking forward to a match all week and your team doesn't even bother showing up. Weekend ruined.

Liverpool still hasn't lost with 11 men :sarcasm:

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I think the matchup at Anfield can still potentially decide. But they’re always favorites as long as they can cheat.
The match at Anfield shouldn't be close.

It's pretty clear to me that we're not as good as Arsenal and City are much better than Arsenal.

It won't be much of a race by the spring.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Nothing worse than looking forward to a match all week and your team doesn't even bother showing up. Weekend ruined.

Liverpool still hasn't lost with 11 men :sarcasm:
They showed up on paper. Mentally they were off. TAA should not have started but Bradley was out.

Now LFC have no choice but winning every single games until the end of the season.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
The match at Anfield shouldn't be close.

It's pretty clear to me that we're not as good as Arsenal and City are much better than Arsenal.

It won't be much of a race by the spring.
You're better than Arsenal but not with half your team missing or playing hurt.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Excuses. Three matches this year and Arsenal were the better team in all of them.

Liverpool have accomplished a lot this year but the rebuild isn't over. The defense still needs to be addressed.

Reactions: booyakasha

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
That was a must win game for us as far as I am concerned. We made it harder than it needed it to be though, Arsenal should've been up 3-0 by halftime.

So we still taking Konate over Jules?

Also, how does it feel getting beat by a team who started Kai as a #9? 🤣

Reactions: luiginb

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
I went to a local Liverpool bar to watch the game, and I was nervous that me being there had us destined for a repeat of the 5-1 Liverpool win where Suarez destroyed us. What a relief for Arsenal to show up and basically be in control the entire game aside from the error leading to their goal.

Klopp last dance over already?

Well yeah if you think Saliba is a dime a dozen CB, then it makes sense that you'd think Arsenal is clearly worse than Liverpool... maybe watch the games instead of relying on FBref to argue that Romero is better than one of the top CBs in the world lol

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
There's a sea of difference between me saying he's overrated and not a top 3 cb in the world and me saying he's dime a dozen.

To quote Evilo's stat from earlier. I'd say he's in the top 90 percent of top 5 leagues cbs, which would make him a top 20-25 cb in the world. But reading this forum you'd think he's the second coming of Cannavaro.

Last edited:

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
There's a sea of difference between me saying he's overrated and not a top 3 cb in the world and me saying he's dime a dozen.
Not when you're arguing that an actual dime a dozen CB (Romero) is better

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Klopp last dance over already?
1. It’s February
2. The league was arguably over as soon as KDB came back healthy. That being said, if LFC beat Man City at Anfield, who knows what happens but again still games before then and after then. Too much changes week to week.
3. Even if Man City win the league, LFC still alive in three other comps so this the season isn’t exactly over. Yeah the league would be the best but come on.

But hey, LFC ran into a desperate Arsenal team. These things happen. This was no worse than the second hardest game left on LFC’s schedule. And quite frankly I’m not sure how the preparation for this game could have gotten worse. It’s harsh to say, but LFC honestly lost this game yesterday. Arsenal played LFC at the right time and they got a win. Kudos.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
A world cup winner and best Serie A defender winner is not dime a dozen, you're being ridiculous.
Using a team trophy and a single good season in Serie A as your main arguments is what's ridiculous. Is Benjamin Pavard world class because he was great in the 2018 World Cup?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad