GWT: EPL - Matchweek 23

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Who cares if people celebrate hard? It's sports man, have some fun with it.

I find stuff like the below to be such lazy commentary. Embrace the joy and fun of the sport. It's why we are all here.

It's whatever. I personally think that it's a bit amateurish. Have fun I guess... but act like you've been there is kinda my mentality.

In the spur of the moment, yeah, some of it happens. I just think some of the demonstrations of Arteta on the sideline during the match are bonkers. I am in no point a professional athlete, but I can't think I would have enjoyed a coach basically giving himself a hernia on the sidelines for every play.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Well the issue is that Arsenal just normally celebrated a win against the team that's top of the table and one of their two direct rivals for the title. Contrary to what you may have read here, we did not in fact hold a trophy ceremony on a stage at the middle of the Emirates pitch yesterday, but every Liverpool fan has said "they treated it like a cup final, we didn't." This wasn't anything more than the 6-pointers that Liverpool and City have had over the past 5-10 years.

I would much rather demolish Spurs and Chelsea over Liverpool from a rivalry perspective too.
Does Arsenal usually train at the Emirates before games?

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Who cares if people celebrate hard? It's sports man, have some fun with it.

I find stuff like the below to be such lazy commentary. Embrace the joy and fun of the sport. It's why we are all here.

Especially coming from a guy who has no experience winning a title. You know he’d be losing his shit.

Usually, no. But it’s not like it’s never happened before:

This was before an away match against Watford. I guess we know what arsenal thinks of Liverpool at home, and to be fair, the results were similar, although watford put up a better fight.

Ah but that was two years ago. Okay here’s from last week before the Nottingham match: Smiles all around: 6 best pictures as Arsenal train at Emirates Stadium before Nottingham Forest clash

2020 before an away match against Burnley: 📸 First team train at Emirates Stadium

I get it, though, you need your excuses.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jussi and KJS14

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Do they typically train at the Emirates before cup finals? Not to my knowledge. Last instances I saw from a quick search were preseason and a league game against Watford in March 2022.

Edit: actually they trained at the Emirates prior to the Forest game last week too. Another cup final!

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Arteta is also kind of an awkward dude, so every time he's being exuberant it looks weird. Klopp at least has the excuse of being German when he does his "dude at rave" teeth grinding thingy haha

I hope Thomas Muller becomes a top league manager. Based on what I've seen of him at Oktoberfest etc., his celebrations should be similarly funny German type ones.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Which one of you has been texting the BBC?

View attachment 814667
Lol, Arteta is 100% Slytherin.

Managers coming on the pitch should get yellows. Managers running around the sidelines in front/past the opposing bench should get yellows. Managers running around and jumping in front of their own bench shouldn't get yellows.
I 100% agree, but Klopp is as guilty as anybody regarding an over theatric display of emotions. Arteta has never retired from the game, he's a player who somehow got a managerial position.

• Haha
Reactions: Jussi

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Especially coming from a guy who has no experience winning a title. You know he’d be losing his shit.

Usually, no. But it’s not like it’s never happened before:

This was before an away match against Watford. I guess we know what arsenal thinks of Liverpool at home, and to be fair, the results were similar, although watford put up a better fight.

Ah but that was two years ago. Okay here’s from last week before the Nottingham match: Smiles all around: 6 best pictures as Arsenal train at Emirates Stadium before Nottingham Forest clash

2020 before an away match against Burnley: 📸 First team train at Emirates Stadium

I get it, though, you need your excuses.
Do they typically train at the Emirates before cup finals? Not to my knowledge. Last instances I saw from a quick search were preseason and a league game against Watford in March 2022.

Edit: actually they trained at the Emirates prior to the Forest game last week too. Another cup final!
Oh wow. Did not realize. Seemed out of the ordinary for me. But hey if that’s how you roll. That’s how you roll.

mmk786

Mar 3, 2004
Lousy day but you’ve got to appreciate Virgil’s leadership.

Stepped up and took responsibility. That’s a captain. Still a long ways to go. If you are going to have your worst performance of the season where everything goes wrong may as well be away to Arsenal where anyone can lose.

He is the best captain ever; well until he goes to play in Saudi anyway.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I am not Jamie Carragher not sensitive to other team/fanbase celebrating a win. It's all enteirtainment and celebration is part of the pleasure of the sports.

Arteta and Klopp can celebrate all they want. I do not care what Jamie Carragher or Roy Keane or Gary Neville think just like I do not care what Don Cherry said about hockey players celebration.

What I do care is how people react after a loss and I have been very dissappointed by LFC fanbase on Twitter blaming Klopp or the players like they are useless. They are still #1 in the table and have over performed all year and they have good players and they should rebound. NGL Arsenal got away with a lot of fouls and favorable decision in that game too. That happen a lot with Anthony Taylor who gave yellow cards to Konate while not doing anything to similar fouls by Gabriel or Havertz. That does not excuse the awful LFC performance but it is still very frustrating.

Last edited:

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
My two cents: This is our third game against Pool in the past few weeks, both previous times we've come up short, this despite playing very well. On top of that is the already mentioned fact that anything but a win would have essentially meant we were out of the title race. I don't think it's hard to see why a win here was an opportunity to celebrate, and complaining about something innocuous like Odegaard taking the photographer's picture is absolutely the depth of saltiness.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
That could have been a penalty on Collins there, but that theatrical jump by Dias (Rodri?) rightfully made the VAR ref ignore it. Such bad acting ffs

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Flekken with four great saves and an assist. I thought he was supposed to be bad?

I missed Toney, such a great striker. Hope Chelsea buys him and sells Gally to the Spurs haha

Reactions: Jack Straw

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad