GWT: EPL - Matchweek 23 (ft. MW 8)

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Not going to get carried away but the three points are nice. Smashed Bournemouth too and that did nothing. Always nice to win though

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Again, if you're not a fan of either team the NLD is just another game though. And honestly, it's a game of teams that think they're way more important and better than they actually are until this year when one of them is actually good.
Of course. Although it at least tends to have ramifications for Europe and there's actually a traditional rivalry. At the end of the day, the rivalries that matter are not inter-city, or, to the extent that they are, are new. Manchester City and Chelsea being relevant will do that.

Last edited:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Tottenham is above both Merseyside competitors. But even ignoring that this year, Everton hasn't been relevant in a long while.
No one cares about Tottenham. And Everton has better fans than Tottenham does

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Tottenham is above both Merseyside competitors. But even ignoring that this year, Everton hasn't been relevant in a long while.
I don't believe in a concept of 'best derby' but Everton was just relevant a couple seasons ago. This bit with them being a joke is a new thing. Spurs have always been a joke, being somewhat relevant is a new thing, and you referencing the current table like that decides what a better derby is, that's also a joke.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I would just forget about it tbh.

The Arsenal fan is mad other teams are playing so nobody's talking about Arsenal so it's time to hijack the thread
Correct. They keep saying they aren’t insecure but they show it every week. It’s my favorite

• Haha
Reactions: bluesfan94

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I don't believe in a concept of 'best derby' but Everton was just relevant a couple seasons ago. This bit with them being a joke is a new thing. Spurs have always been a joke, being somewhat relevant is a new thing, and you referencing the current table like that decides what a better derby is, that's also a joke.
They haven't finished top 4 since 04-05 and haven't been actually good since the 80s. I mean, shit, even Tottenham has won a trophy more recently than Everton.

Correct. They keep saying they aren’t insecure but they show it every week. It’s my favorite
Says the fanbase claiming a game between 10 and 18 is a big deal.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
They haven't finished top 4 since 04-05 and haven't been actually good since the 80s. I mean, shit, even Tottenham has won a trophy more recently than Everton.
They would have been in the Conference League more often than not if it existed over the last 20 years. They finished 5th-8th all the time. But fortunately they're going down.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
It's good they signed Bajcetic to a new contract because that kid is going to solve one part of our midfield problem. I'd have him on the team sheet every week, the Madrid game will be big for him. Spain lucky bastards to have him and Gavi both 18 years old.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I will not stand for Mo Salah slander, but I keep feeling with all the attackers that the plan might be to let him pursue a big money move this summer. They have too many spots for forward ranks, and a lot of money is spent there to keep all of it.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
It's good they signed Bajcetic to a new contract because that kid is going to solve one part of our midfield problem. I'd have him on the team sheet every week, the Madrid game will be big for him. Spain lucky bastards to have him and Gavi both 18 years old.
He is insane. His level is well above Curtis Jones and Harvey Elliott. I see a lot of similarities to Xabi Alonso in his game.

Reactions: Live in the Now

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I will not stand for Mo Salah slander, but I keep feeling with all the attackers that the plan might be to let him pursue a big money move this summer. They have too many spots for forward ranks, and a lot of money is spent there to keep all of it.
They should just let Firmino go. We can't replace Mo and there's not very many players available worldwide who can play well with their left foot from the right side. Rival clubs also have most of them.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Became apparently quickly that Bajcetic was their blue chipper. If there is one positive from the season it’s him but they have to be careful not to burn him out now

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
They should just let Firmino go. We can't replace Mo and there's not very many players available worldwide who can play well with their left foot from the right side.
Maybe. I really think they’re gonna keep him and Mo has already made his mind up to go to PSG.

Needs some final third work, but he’s ridiculous. He makes a rebuild doable.

I hesitate to say it but Fabinho looked better not having to do all the work for everyone

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
They would have been in the Conference League more often than not if it existed over the last 20 years. They finished 5th-8th all the time. But fortunately they're going down.
Over the last 20 years, Tottenham as an average finish of 6th, with a high of 2nd and a low of 14th, while winning one trophy and being a runner up in 4, including the UCL.

Everton has an average finish of 8.55, with a high of 4th and a low of 17th, while winning 0 trophies and being a runner up once. They also wouldn't have made Conference League more often than not. I haven't gone back to see who won the Cups and such to compare, but 6th is conference league unless a cup winner finishes 6th or better. Everton finished top 6 six times in the last 20 seasons (admittedly, they have finished 7th more times, so if 7th place always got conference league, it would be exactly 50/50, so still not more often than not, but at least close). Tottenham, by the way, have finished top 6 14/20 times.

That doesn't include this year, where Everton is 18th and Tottenham is 5th.

Now please stop making me defend Tottenham from Liverpool's fans' need to feel relevant even when they aren't.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Over the last 20 years, Tottenham as an average finish of 6th, with a high of 2nd and a low of 14th, while winning one trophy and being a runner up in 4, including the UCL.

Everton has an average finish of 8.55, with a high of 4th and a low of 17th, while winning 0 trophies and being a runner up once. They also wouldn't have made Conference League more often than not. I haven't gone back to see who won the Cups and such to compare, but 6th is conference league unless a cup winner finishes 6th or better. Everton finished top 6 six times in the last 20 seasons (admittedly, they have finished 7th more times, so if 7th place always got conference league, it would be exactly 50/50, so still not more often than not, but at least close). Tottenham, by the way, have finished top 6 14/20 times.

That doesn't include this year, where Everton is 18th and Tottenham is 5th.

Now please stop making me defend Tottenham from Liverpool's fans' need to feel relevant even when they aren't.

Wow dude I can't believe you spent time looking that up. This isn't that serious I was just going off my memory. I don't have an inherent need to be right. You keep talking shit but when Arsenal wins a 6th European Cup let me know

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
You always know when a Liverpool fan is insecure when they bring up what they did in the 70s and 80s.

Madrid 2019 was apparently in the 80s

Arsenal and Tottenham haven't won a CL in anyone's life so okay I guess you have something to be mad about?

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Madrid 2019 was apparently in the 80s

Arsenal and Tottenham haven't won a CL in anyone's life so okay I guess you have something to be mad about?
If you only brought up one win, you'd have a case. You mentioned 6 though. Living in the 70s and 80s. But hey, lots of things that were relevant pre-COVID aren't.

If you want to play this game, hit me up when you've won your second premier league.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
He is insane. His level is well above Curtis Jones and Harvey Elliott. I see a lot of similarities to Xabi Alonso in his game.
Liverpool cannot sell or loan Jones and Elliott. They must keep them and play them.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
So I was going through the extended highlights of games I didn't watch, like usual, and wow Spurs defense was bad without Romero. On the last three goals + offside goal, Dier was terrible. Completely indecisive and played without balls.

Liverpool cannot sell or loan Jones and Elliott. They must keep them and play them.

Jones is borderline on the stay/go scale. I'm not sure what they'll do.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Derby's are emotionally charged events and obviously us fans will be biased towards the games we have emotional ties too. Thus i'm not even going to go down the road of comparing the NLD or M21 derby to the Merseyside derby.

When it comes to being a neutral fan though, there are derbys I would put ahead of Everton v Liverpool in England, especially when looking at the last decade or so. Everton has struggled too much in the league and has only one the fixture once since 2010.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad