GWT: EPL - Matchweek 23 (ft. MW 8)

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
So I was going through the extended highlights of games I didn't watch, like usual, and wow Spurs defense was bad without Romero. On the last three goals + offside goal, Dier was terrible. Completely indecisive and played without balls.

Honestly didn’t wanna say it. It is what it is.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Honestly didn’t wanna say it. It is what it is.
It's funny because it's like 'wow this team loses one player and completely falls apart and then nobody comments on it' but I guess someone had to. It's really the same thing as Leeds. They don't want to buy more CB's and then one guy goes out and they give up tons of goals. Instead of sign defenders they'll bring in Danjuma or pay 60 million for Richarlison or whatever it was. Feels like a lot of teams in this league are subscribing to insanity. 'We can't defend so we'll sign tons of attackers' no dude that's not how it works.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
To be fair, even the biggest Liverpool supporter would be honest and say the rivalry to United or City has been more relevant to the club than Everton of late. It matters, and match going supporters will always make it so, but Everton can’t figure anything out.

I think the discussion on Spurs / Arsenal is silly. Sure Liverpool are down now, but basically have run the race of the CL and EPL the last few seasons. I also don’t know that Liverpool are that far off, when Spurs could be looking at a new manager this summer.

Reactions: robertmac43

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
It's funny because it's like 'wow this team loses one player and completely falls apart and then nobody comments on it' but I guess someone had to. It's really the same thing as Leeds. They don't want to buy more CB's and then one guy goes out and they give up tons of goals. Instead of sign defenders they'll bring in Danjuma or pay 60 million for Richarlison or whatever it was. Feels like a lot of teams in this league are subscribing to insanity. 'We can't defend so we'll sign tons of attackers' no dude that's not how it works.
They did get lolglet to help.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
So I was going through the extended highlights of games I didn't watch, like usual, and wow Spurs defense was bad without Romero. On the last three goals + offside goal, Dier was terrible. Completely indecisive and played without balls.

Jones is borderline on the stay/go scale. I'm not sure what they'll do.
They must play. Every young player must stay and cannot be sold or loaned under any circumstance.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Wow dude I can't believe you spent time looking that up. This isn't that serious I was just going off my memory. I don't have an inherent need to be right. You keep talking shit but when Arsenal wins a 6th European Cup let me know
Funny how some people only like to amuse the table position argument when they are on top of the table.

You say that, but it’s not like the record is at all competitive.
I mean, for example, Yankees vs Red Sox is the best rivalry in baseball and a lot of the history of that occurred when the Red Sox were significantly worse than the Yankees. I don’t think a rivalry needs to be competitive to be good if the games are tense, the fans are passionate and the history is there.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Funny how some people only like to amuse the table position argument when they are on top of the table.
Some people also want to turn everything into a serious argument where I waste 30 minutes of my time looking up stuff to be accurate. The blanket answer I'd give 100% of everyone here is that I'm too old to do that anymore. My mom has dementia and I have to spend a lot of my time explaining the same thing all the time. I am not coming here to spend more than 3-4 minutes of my time on any of my posts anymore. I post I deal with something stupid I come back ten minutes later I post again rinse repeat. The part where I don't know how much Richarlison cost is a dead giveaway that I don't care about some other team being good anymore. My team sucks and someone else's team finally doesn't good for them but they aren't as good as mine was when they were on top. Sorry for my lack of effort but that's all you get.

Honestly? I can't even tell you exactly which teams are above us.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Also looking up where Everton finished every year is some classic shit I did in my 20s but when you get into your mid 30s you have no time to do that anymore unless you have no life

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Everton beat LFC for the first time in what feels like decades in 2021 and the fans think it is relevant compared to NLD lol.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Everton beat LFC for the first time in what feels like decades in 2021 and the fans think it is relevant compared to NLD lol.
Pretty sure what I said was that they’re both not very relevant. One joke team doesn’t make for a good derby. And then someone started talking about average finishes or whatever I didn’t even do them the courtesy of reading all of what they said.
It literally took you longer to type that insult than it does to look up their finishing position by year.

Google “list of Everton seasons” click on first result, read list.
There’s also literally a thing called time management. Maybe you don’t have much time at one point to do something and have time some other time. Just a thought. I’m not fishing for sympathy because I don’t give a f*** but one guy around here wants to turn everything into serious discussion debate time. It is beyond tiresome and I’m far from the only one tired of it. Just like some people are tired of other stuff I’m just trying to save everyone time and say it’s pointless to engage in that with me and expect me to answer seriously. If I’m wrong just tell me, don’t expect me to read a whole bloc of words

Reactions: S E P H

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Pretty sure what I said was that they’re both not very relevant. One joke team doesn’t make for a good derby. And then someone started talking about average finishes or whatever I didn’t even do them the courtesy of reading all of what they said.
Fair points. I would write that neither Spurs nor Arsenal have been relevant either (until last year and this), but since both clubs have been around each other in the table and somewhat competitive, that's been the better derby. In reality, the best derbies have been outside England like the Milan derby last year or the Rhine in BuLi.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Fair points. I would write that neither Spurs nor Arsenal have been relevant either (until last year and this), but since both clubs have been around each other in the table and somewhat competitive, that's been the better derby. In reality, the best derbies have been outside England like the Milan derby last year or the Rhine in BuLi.
Yeah or Celtic-Rangers. None of these are that.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Yeah or Celtic-Rangers. None of these are that.
Totally forgot that one! That's a great one even if both teams are irrelevant in Europe.

To be honest, the best derby in Europe is the Captial City one in Rome, if you aren't threatened by being stabbed, then it isn't a derby lol. The hooliganism is pretty high in Old Firm as well and especially in some of the ones in the Russian/Serbian league. The NLD might be around tenth or so if you'd add all the amazing derbies throughout Europe, but gets a lot of hype because both teams are in London and have been reasonably good for long portions of time. Even if one is 1991 FC.

EI: There's an awesome youtube channel of this bloke who goes through all the top-quality derbies in Europe and tries to understand the hate between the clubs. Totally recommend watching it.

EII: Forgot about River Plate vs Boca. That could be the best in the entire world.

Last edited:

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Totally forgot that one! That's a great one even if both teams are irrelevant in Europe.

To be honest, the best derby in Europe is the Captial City one in Rome, if you aren't threatened by being stabbed, then it isn't a derby lol. The hooliganism is pretty high in Old Firm as well and especially in some of the ones in the Russian/Serbian league. The NLD might be around tenth or so if you'd add all the amazing derbies throughout Europe, but gets a lot of hype because both teams are in London and have been reasonably good for long portions of time. Even if one is 1991 FC.

EI: There's an awesome youtube channel of this bloke who goes through all the top-quality derbies in Europe and tries to understand the hate between the clubs. Totally recommend watching it.

EII: Forgot about River Plate vs Boca. That could be the best in the entire world.
Yeah the point of derbies isn’t that it’s the best teams. It’s about the teams and their fans that hate each other the most. In England that’s clearly Liverpool-Man United but that’s not a derby, it’s a Classico instead. If the biggest rivalries in a country aren’t really the derby games then it says something different about the qualities of those derbies. I don’t think they’re that special in England.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
One of my favourites in England is the Birmingham derby, that one always seems to deliver something interesting.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
The Edinburgh Derby is an underrated one. It's like a mini Old Firm except the sectarianism angle is long gone but the off the charts hatred still remains.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad