GWT: EPL - Matchweek 21

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Can’t really complain about the result considering the players we’re missing. Really need to get Maddison back.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
All in all I think it was a fair result.

Most disappointed in Johnson. Turned over the ball way too much and didn't create enough.

Apart from his attempts from outside the box I quite liked Werner.

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
McTom should have won it. Decent point after a poor second half. Spurs dominated possession but didn't create much to win it.

United's midfield set up hasn't really worked all season. Whoever plays DM is left all alone. Their average positions today were nearly in a vertical line from goal to goal.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I get that Liverpool is in 1st and one of the reasons why is because they can outscore anyone at will, but for the potential and price they paid for Konate, he's been an awful buy. Gakpo on the other hand hasn't, but I was also a fan of him.

Also, Arsenal should've gone after Isak instead of Jesus...and potentially kept Balogun over Nketiah.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Why do you say so? Konate has been better than I thought and also surprisingly durable. And I was NOT a fan of his purchase.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Why do you say so? Konate has been better than I thought and also surprisingly durable. And I was NOT a fan of his purchase.
For all the hype, Konate was in the same category as Jules Kounde, Bastoni, Militao, and Pau and he's the only one who hasn't developed compared to the rest of them it seems like. He is his generation's version of Koulibaly (great physically, but zero pace or IQ for the sport). 40 million isn't a lot to waste on a player nowadays, but he's still been a pretty awful buy considering Gomez and Matip have had to start more games since he joined.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
For all the hype, Konate was in the same category as Jules Kounde, Bastoni, Militao, and Pau and he's the only one who hasn't developed compared to the rest of them it seems like. He is his generation's version of Koulibaly (great physically, but zero pace or IQ for the sport). 40 million isn't a lot to waste on a player nowadays, but he's still been a pretty awful buy considering Gomez and Matip have had to start more games since he joined.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Pace? Konate's pace is amazing. IQ I might give you that, he's below Matip there, but I'd rather have Konate than Kounde.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I read something about the leader of the top 5 leagues (Bayern, PSG, Liverpool, Inter, Girona) and the top defensemen in both challenges won and progressive plays were 1/ Upamecano and 2/ Konate.

Konate has developed better than Kounde, weird take here.
Kounde has also always been a tad overrated because his lack of size and physicality is not a problem in la liga. We can see in interntational play and Europe that it's much tougher for him.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Liverpool fans either think their players are heroes or they're very hard on them with very little in between. I've never heard anyone say they think Konate is bad. The only thing he does that's not to my liking, is that he'll let long balls bounce on the ground sometimes. The reason Matip started more games is because he's also really good. It's not like you're saying 'why is Jonny Evans starting more than Konate', Matip is a giant player who won everything.

Reactions: luiginb

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I get that Liverpool is in 1st and one of the reasons why is because they can outscore anyone at will, but for the potential and price they paid for Konate, he's been an awful buy.
What?! That is the most moronic thing I have read in a long long time...
If anything the only negative I can pinpoint about Konaté is his injury record otherwise he has been superb. I simply don't know how you made that conclusion that Konaté was an awful buy (why you believe that for the laugh?).

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Zero Pace?!! Wait what?! Have you ever watched him play, the guy is a monster physically and has the most recovery speed of all LFC defenders, he has saved TAA ass many times on the counter and one of the reason LFC have not conceaded more. As for the IQ, how exactly he has poor IQ... he has a tendency to play it safe fair and not look for long balls but I have rarely seen him make bad decisions with the ball if any criticisism you could have is that he should be more threatening offensively with his size but that is not even a major issue. He already has won 2 trophies as a starter and 1 CL final and now LFC are still in all the competition to win everything and he is/was a big part of that.

Not to mention his impact with the France NT... what are exactly Bastoni, Kounde and Pau so great achievements than Konaté has not.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Another banger from the one who believed Spurs would finish 11th or lower this season even with Harry Kane.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Yeah Konate has developed pretty well. I don't think he's good enough to be the anchor of a defensive line, but he's a very very good second best CB. Kinda like Gabriel

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I don't see either of these teams being top 4. Maybe Tottenham if they stop being injured left and right, and they get Maddison and Son back.

Villas not gonna finish top four so you think someone’s gonna come from sixth or lower? No way.

Can’t really complain about the result considering the players we’re missing. Really need to get Maddison back.

If Kuluselvski didn’t have the flu I think Spurs win

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
He was doing what he did well with Chelsea, using his speed and ball skills to create a lot of space and generate chances, and pressing well when out of possession. He's always bottled chances so that will happen.
1000010346.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad