GWT: EPL - Matchweek 21

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Why isn’t Villa gonna finish top 4? It’s not like they’re on some miracle 5 game run to jump up, they’ve been playing at this level for more than a year.

Even though they have only lost 1, they've been poor in the last 4 matches. Scraping by against Burnley, losing to United and drawing struggling Everton and Sheffield.

They don't have the quality of the other 4 and it will show.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Even though they have only lost 1, they've been poor in the last 4 matches. Scraping by against Burnley, losing to United and drawing struggling Everton and Sheffield.

They don't have the quality of the other 4 and it will show.

Getting a result despite being poor is actually how you place higher. Arsenal's won one in their past five, which at the end of the day trumps whether they looked good or bad (some of both I'd say). Teams have won the CL getting results while looking poor...

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Getting a result despite being poor is actually how you place higher. Arsenal's won one in their past five, which at the end of the day trumps whether they looked good or bad (some of both I'd say). Teams have won the CL getting results while looking poor...

Arsenal has done this before. Villa has never even qualified once in the PL era and I don't think an inexperienced club can keep on struggling and still qualify.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016

I just found this funny. He was probably our biggest doubter earlier. Thought Ange was just copying Pep, didn't understand our inverting fullbacks and kept calling the system naive. Wonder what made him have a change of heart.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Refreshing to have that kind of mess in front of goal on the other team's side of the pitch

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I don’t think that’s a penalty, but if Saka was wearing baby blue, I think it would have been.
I think if Saka doesn't have a reputation for throwing himself to the ground dramatically every time he's touched he might get more penalties.

On that one it's closer to a simulation yellow than a foul.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I think if Saka doesn't have a reputation for throwing himself to the ground dramatically every time he's touched he might get more penalties.

On that one it's closer to a simulation yellow than a foul.
And yet still more contact than some other penalties that have been awarded

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Toney is quite the rulebreaker. Moved the ball during his free kick goal after Nottingham's wall had set up.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Toney is quite the rulebreaker. Moved the ball during his free kick goal after Nottingham's wall had set up.
Honestly I think the only real issue is moving the foam. Moving the ball happens all the time on FKs.

I'm mostly surprised none of the Brentford players threw a fit given that multiple of them were stared at him doing it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad