GWT: EPL - Matchweek 21 (ft. MW7)

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
K. Y’all are insecure. Sorted
As long as you own it, too.
This season sucks. The two best teams in the country are in transition and this is the worst league quality wise since 2016 when Leicester won. Arsenal are doing what Leicester did; Which is fine but let’s not pretend otherwise. They deserve kudos for taking advantage of it, but the competition level is way down
Speaking of insecure. Liverpool needed a COVID break to win a league and even then, the 7th place team now is pacing what the 5th place team did then. Arsenal is pacing what Liverpool did, City is pacing slightly better, United and Newcastle are pacing much higher than what 3rd/4th did then. But, hey, whatever you need to help you feel better. If you think 81 points would win the league this year, that's your prerogative.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Savant is kinda right in that everyone here is insecure about their team and players there's really not much disputing that.

Also Nunez has more goals than any Arsenal player so for f***'s sake can everyone shut the f*** up about Nunez. Holy hell man who cares.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
This season sucks. The two best teams in the country are in transition and this is the worst league quality wise since 2016 when Leicester won. Arsenal are doing what Leicester did; Which is fine but let’s not pretend otherwise. They deserve kudos for taking advantage of it, but the competition level is way down

K. Y’all are insecure. Sorted
The two best being City and Liverpool? Liverpool had a good 5 year run and now we're just considering anything else transition years?

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
See above.

And still more minutes than white/saliba combined. Plus cuti is obviously better. Another dud for the experts that compared the RB to him.
And yet all 3 had about the same contribution to Argentina winning the WC.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
The two best being City and Liverpool? Liverpool had a good 5 year run and now we're just considering anything else transition years?
Both teams made a big striker signing that are necessitating a change in systems. How is that not transitional? By definition that is transitional

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
And yet all 3 had about the same contribution to Argentina winning the WC.
False. He started in a must win and gave cuti enough time to recover. He also started in another knock out stage along with playing a role in semi final.

It is absolutely hilarious to suggest he didn’t play a role in winning.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Transitioning back to their normal, yeah.
Maybe you can join in may?

I had plenty to say prior to their wins… you just didn’t want to pay attention.
Hopefully! And then we won't have to hear about how great Martinez is because he won a title from the bench. I'm sure you felt the same about Ronaldo winning the Euros.
And still more minutes than white/saliba combined. Plus cuti is obviously better. Another dud for the experts that compared the RB to him.
I think we all saw who looked better yesterday.
1673924507549.png

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Both teams made a big striker signing that are necessitating a change in systems. How is that not transitional? By definition that is transitional
I didn't say that Liverpool wasn't in a transition year. Just why does that matter? Liverpool were crappy for a decade and then had a great 5 year stretch. Are we just calling any titles "fake" or "sad" when they suck again?

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
So it went from having an easy schedule in the beginning to now it's all a transitional season for everyone eh

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
As long as you own it, too.

Speaking of insecure. Liverpool needed a COVID break to win a league and even then, the 7th place team now is pacing what the 5th place team did then. Arsenal is pacing what Liverpool did, City is pacing slightly better, United and Newcastle are pacing much higher than what 3rd/4th did then. But, hey, whatever you need to help you feel better. If you think 81 points would win the league this year, that's your prerogative.
LFC had enough points pre-COVID break to clinch the league in 19/20, but nice try. They finished 18 points ahead of 2nd. Also won a UCL and domestic trophies during that time period. That’s not too shabby

So you're telling me Arsenal is bossing the league in a transitional period itself?
Arsenal is on top of the table because they had the least amount of transition, and because they don’t need to try during their midweek games

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
You guys complain about Savant but then post things about Liverpool winning the league because of a COVID break lmao talk about dishonest. Most dishonest thing anyone posted here in a while.

Arsenal is on top of the table because they had the least amount of transition, and because they don’t need to try during their midweek games

Arsenal is top because they played the best. There is your answer.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I didn't say that Liverpool wasn't in a transition year. Just why does that matter? Liverpool were crappy for a decade and then had a great 5 year stretch. Are we just calling any titles "fake" or "sad" when they suck again?
I’m just saying Arsenal is taking advantage of a league that is pretty weak at the moment. Largely because of the other power teams being in transition

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
LFC had enough points pre-COVID break to clinch the league in 19/20, but nice try. They finished 18 points ahead of 2nd. Also won a UCL and domestic trophies during that time period. That’s not too shabby
They didn't clinch the title until June. But the fact they finished that far above 2nd just proves the league was bad or something.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
You guys complain about Savant but then post things about Liverpool winning the league because of a COVID break lmao talk about dishonest. Most dishonest thing anyone posted here in a while.

Arsenal is top because they played the best. There is your answer.
People don’t like what I say, but I do not lie!

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
They didn't clinch the title until June. But the fact they finished that far above 2nd just proves the league was bad or something.
Nope just bossed it. Clearly.

When LFC beat Bournemouth in March 2020 before the league stopped, they were 25 points clear of 2nd. Remember it clearly because I was there. (I think) 25 points clear of 2nd when the league stopped. And finished 18 points over 2nd. Math speaks for itself.

LFC 19/20 is one of the best PL teams of all times by just about every metric. Arsenal this year, is good. Good for them.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
I’m just saying Arsenal is taking advantage of a league that is pretty weak at the moment. Largely because of the other power teams being in transition
City won the last 2 titles and bought Haaland. Wouldn't consider that being in transition. If we're calling integrating any new player transition, then when aren't teams transitioning?

We can only beat what's in front of us. Not our fault you and Chelsea suck. Rest of the league is doing just fine.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
You guys complain about Savant but then post things about Liverpool winning the league because of a COVID break lmao talk about dishonest.
I don't think it's a stretch to say that Liverpool was looking iffy in the weeks leading up to the break. Obviously it's not because of COVID, but it's impossible to say what would have happened without a break giving the team that likes to press a breather.
They signed a new striker, a new leftback, and brought in a new CB. City brought in a striker and CB. Liverpool had a new striker.

Come on, at least try.
People don’t like what I say, but I do not lie!
Yeah, lying implies an awareness of the truth. Just pulling crazy shit out of your ass isn't lying, it's just playing make believe.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
LFC 19/20 is one of the best PL teams of all times by just about every metric. Arsenal this year, is good. Good for them.
Arsenal are on pace for 99 points. Same amount as Liverpool that year...

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
City won the last 2 titles and bought Haaland. Wouldn't consider that being in transition. If we're calling integrating any new player transition, then when aren't teams transitioning?

We can only beat what's in front of us. Not our fault you and Chelsea suck. Rest of the league is doing just fine.
When you change your play style to accommodate a new signing that is transitional. City completely changed their play style this year to accommodate Haaland. Look what happened last weekend when they tried to play similar to last year with Haaland in a deeper position; which was closer to their set up last year. Don’t be ignorant.

Correct. you can only beat what’s in front of you. Arsenal deserves credit for doing that. But this is a weaker league than usual. Trying to argue that it isn’t is just showing your insecurities

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad