GWT: EPL - Matchweek 21 (ft. MW7)

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Rashford but up 17/7 in his age 22 season, if we're being honest. He was 22 for the majority of it. In his age 21 season, he put up 10/6, which is still solid, but Martinelli, in his age 21 season, is pacing 15/4

10/6 in 26 starts. The per 90 numbers aren’t very close. This Martinelli season is about the 5th best for goals + assists per 90 in Rashford career. Though I’m not a huge fan of the per 90 stats, it’s not as bad when you look at starters playing nearly full seasons.

This isn’t really an anti Martinelli stance. I think Rashford has been criminally underrated. He went through a bunch of injuries and just played through, for multiple bad managed situations, being asked to create something out of nothing. Most of the slander was honestly from United fans. Dudes named Gaz thst thought he spent too much time on the politics. George Best would never!

Reactions: luiginb

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Not a locked in starter? Huh...?

Ahh my bad I missed Trippier. Still ahead of Odegaard. Again. Wash.

I'm not here trying to say United is clearly better. They aren't. But on paper the teams are pretty damn comparable.
Antony has started 8 of 18 league games.
Still ahead of Odegaard. Again. Wash.
Sure, if chances created is the only stat that matters.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
10/6 in 26 starts. The per 90 numbers aren’t very close. This Martinelli season is about the 5th best for goals + assists per 90 in Rashford career. Though I’m not a huge fan of the per 90 stats, it’s not as bad when you look at starters playing nearly full seasons.

This isn’t really an anti Martinelli stance. I think Rashford has been criminally underrated. He went through a bunch of injuries and just played through, for multiple bad managed situations, being asked to create something out of nothing. Most of the slander was honestly from United fans. Dudes named Gaz thst thought he spent too much time on the politics. George Best would never!
And if he keeps up this form he won't be underrated. But Martinelli is having a very similar season to Rashford's season (0.5 G-PK/90 compared to 0.41 G-PK/90) and Rashford is in the biggest purple patch of his career

He signed after the season started and missed games due to injury?
Sure, that doesn't make him a locked in starter given that he hasn't been, you know, a locked in starter.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
You'd think United were 9 points ahead of us rather than the reverse with how much better their players apparently are than ours...

Overall, assuming they’re playing normal starting XIs, United has a slight edge in the back line and front three and Arsenal have an edge in midfield. United’s bench is also much deeper overall and they can call on a far wider variety of players than Arsenal can.
Arsenal have scored 13 more goals and conceded 7 less than United this year, but yeah United has the better front three and back line clearly.

United started the season awful but since the beginning of September both teams have earned the same number of points, including United winning the head to head matchup.
Sure, we can just ignore that the head to head matchup had an Arsenal go-ahead goal wrongfully called back in the first 15min. And that's PGMOL's opinion on it, not just mine.

Last edited:

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
You'd think United were 9 points ahead of us rather than the reverse with how much better their players apparently are than ours...
I mean I will stand by my statement. The teams are very even as squads. I haven't said every player is significantly better.

Last edited:

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
I mean I will stand by my statement. The teams are very even as squads. I haven't said every player is significantly better.
And I'll stand by mine - only players from United I'd take are Bruno and Casemiro. Rashford could come off the bench though.

Arsenal fans in here are insecure AF
Or maybe we just know our squad is better (table says as much) and United fans are too insecure to admit as much. Guess we should just ignore United fans saying they have a better front three and backline when they've scored 13 less goals and conceded 7 more than us. Then we could go back to listening to you mope about Liverpool's transfer policy.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
And I'll stand by mine - only players from United I'd take are Bruno and Casemiro. Rashford could come off the bench though.
Bruno wouldn't start at Arsenal right now. Casemiro and Rashford would. Varane might.

Arsenal fans in here are insecure AF
Could be worse. We could have been arguing that our striker was better than Haaland cause he bagged a goal in a glorified friendly.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Bruno wouldn't start at Arsenal right now. Casemiro and Rashford would. Varane might.

Could be worse. We could have been arguing that our striker was better than Haaland cause he bagged a goal in a glorified friendly.
Bruno would be a weird fit with our other best players at the moment, but I think he's talented enough to figure it out. You'd ideally play him in Odegaard's role, but Odegaard has been better.

And I wouldn't start Rashford over Saka/Martinelli right now. Unless you meant up top for Nketiah. I wouldn't play him over Jesus when he's healthy though.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

Or maybe we just know our squad is better (table says as much) and United fans are too insecure to admit as much. Guess we should just ignore United fans saying they have a better front three and backline when they've scored 13 less goals and conceded 7 more than us. Then we could go back to listening to you mope about Liverpool's transfer policy.
Lmao. I literally said Jesus was the best attacker of either team. I think the talent levels are quite similar.

Just because City was better in the table than those elite Liverpool teams doesn't mean that every single City player was better than Liverpools.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I think, in terms of attackers, it's Jesus, Rashford, Saka, Martinelli, Antony, Sancho, Martial, Nketiah, Garnacho (although he has a ton of potential), ESR, Nelson, Elanga.

Weghorst is weird because he's such a different player than basically everyone there, but I have him between ESR and Nelson.

I obviously didn't include Odegaard and Fernandes. I think Odegaard would go to the top and I personally have Bruno around Rashford/Saka/Martinelli. But those 5 are in one tier, then Antony/Sancho, then Martial/Nketiah/Garnacho/ESR/Weghorst, then Nelson/Elanga/Vieira/Marquinhos.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Lmao. I literally said Jesus was the best attacker of either team. I think the talent levels are quite similar.

Just because City was better in the table than those elite Liverpool teams doesn't mean that every single City player was better than Liverpools.
I didn't quote you saying that... See below.
Overall, assuming they’re playing normal starting XIs, United has a slight edge in the back line and front three and Arsenal have an edge in midfield. United’s bench is also much deeper overall and they can call on a far wider variety of players than Arsenal can.

The talent levels may be similar overall, but I think Arsenal has a slight edge. And Arsenal's talent fits their tactics much better than whatever United has been trying to put together. I also didn't say every single player in our squad was better. I think a decent amount of them are better and the ones that are a wash fit our tactics better than the United counterparts.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I think, in terms of attackers, it's Jesus, Rashford, Saka, Martinelli, Antony, Sancho, Martial, Nketiah, Garnacho (although he has a ton of potential), ESR, Nelson, Elanga.

Weghorst is weird because he's such a different player than basically everyone there, but I have him between ESR and Nelson.

I obviously didn't include Odegaard and Fernandes. I think Odegaard would go to the top and I personally have Bruno around Rashford/Saka/Martinelli. But those 5 are in one tier, then Antony/Sancho, then Martial/Nketiah/Garnacho/ESR/Weghorst, then Nelson/Elanga/Vieira/Marquinhos.
I think that list is fair, but I'd take Garnacho over Nketiah and Martial pretty easily. If you're adding Bruno and Odegaard I'm putting them right behind Jesus I think. Idk how I'd rank Rashy/Odegaard/Bruno. They're all really close. Probably have Rashy 3rd.

Sancho should be interesting to see how that pans out. Huge potential there and I'm curious to see how his personal on and off field training will change things for him moving forwards.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Reeks of insecurity. Who cares if one guy thinks their guys are better? Y’all been going on about that for hours. Kind of funny. Didn’t United beat y’all; maybe that’s contributing too? Honestly Utd might be in first if Ronnie didn’t torpedo them. This season sucks. Arsenal extremely lucky. Don’t have to apologize but okay to acknowledge it

LFC transfer policy is in the toilet though isn’t it? Can only talk about how things are

Meh. Darwin has been fine. It’s a shame he has to keep getting compared to Haaland who is nuclear. Darwin has actually been among the least of LFC’s problems. The ones losing sleep on that are the ones who are mad about everything anyway.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I think that list is fair, but I'd take Garnacho over Nketiah and Martial pretty easily. If you're adding Bruno and Odegaard I'm putting them right behind Jesus I think. Idk how I'd rank Rashy/Odegaard/Bruno. They're all really close. Probably have Rashy 3rd.

Sancho should be interesting to see how that pans out. Huge potential there and I'm curious to see how his personal on and off field training will change things for him moving forwards.
I'll tell you that Odegaard has been much better than Jesus this year. I wouldn't be opposed to having Garnacho higher up, I just need to see him do it consistently.
Meh. Darwin has been fine. It’s a shame he has to keep getting compared to Haaland who is nuclear.
I mean. The comparison wasn't initiated by non-Liverpool fans.

Reeks of insecurity. Who cares if one guy thinks their guys are better? Y’all been going on about that for hours. Kind of funny
We dealt with Liverpool doing the same for a long time. We heard about Gomez being elite, Matip being the second coming of Beckenbauer and VVD being the best player ever. We heard about Henderson being elite, etc. Like I said, there was a long argument here about whether Nunez is better than Haaland. Kind of funny.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I mean. The comparison wasn't initiated by non-Liverpool fans. We dealt with Liverpool doing the same for a long time. We heard about Gomez being elite, Matip being the second coming of Beckenbauer and VVD being the best player ever. We heard about Henderson being elite, etc. Like I said, there was a long argument here about whether Nunez is better than Haaland. Kind of funny.
I Mean it kind of was from both sides. But that’s fine. Both players will be at their current teams a while. Both teams will probably be happy. City obviously happier right now but I’m not going to dumpster Darwin because of it.

God forbid people talked up their players. But the thing is Gomez pre-injury was elite. Matip had some great seasons. Virgil had some incredible seasons; and had an argument that he should have won a BDO over Messi. Henderson I think everyone has been hot and cold on for years. It’s happens. All of those guys did have multiple Top seasons. Yeah they got old, injured and declined. Father Time is undefeated. But you can put any of those guys resumes from 2017-2022 up against almost anyone in the world. It’s not too shabby

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Reeks of insecurity. Who cares if one guy thinks their guys are better? Y’all been going on about that for hours. Kind of funny. Didn’t United beat y’all; maybe that’s contributing too? Honestly Utd might be in first if Ronnie didn’t torpedo them. This season sucks. Arsenal extremely lucky. Don’t have to apologize but okay to acknowledge it
United beat us after having a go-ahead goal wrongfully disallowed 15min into the game. Guess we'll see on Sunday.

And this season sucks or is it just Chelsea and Liverpool?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
United beat us after having a go-ahead goal wrongfully disallowed 15min into the game. Guess we'll see on Sunday.

And this season sucks or is it just Chelsea and Liverpool?
This season sucks. The two best teams in the country are in transition and this is the worst league quality wise since 2016 when Leicester won. Arsenal are doing what Leicester did; Which is fine but let’s not pretend otherwise. They deserve kudos for taking advantage of it, but the competition level is way down

Make up your mind.
K. Y’all are insecure. Sorted

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Ben White gets underrated because he got compared to an overrated Argentine CB because some here like to dick ride each other.

And we're not bitter that Man U paid double what Arsenal valued for that midget.
Overrated and midgets have actually won something… how about your lot?

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Overrated and midgets have actually won something… how about your lot?
I'd expect them to win something considering they had the best player in the world carrying their asses. The midget was relegated to cheerleading on the bench. Much wow. Would've been a damn shame to somehow not win a world cup with the best player in the world AND the rest of the players each being world class.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I'd expect them to win something considering they had the best player in the world carrying their asses. The midget was relegated to cheerleading on the bench. Much wow. Would've been a damn shame to somehow not win a world cup with the best player in the world AND the rest of the players each being world class.
Yes, he did it all himself like he did in 2010,2014, and 2018…

He wasn’t relegated to the bench Otamendi has just been insane form for the Nt.

How many minutes did white play? Can’t remember.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad