GWT: EPL - Matchweek 2

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Yes. Agreed but if his name was Mudryk and 22 years old, people would be so excited about what he can do with his dribble. He has consistency issue, as like all Chelsea player bar maybe Silva and Enzo.
That's because when someone is young, you hope they can develop the other aspects of their game and develop consistency. If they're not young, they are what they are, which is someone who can dribble really well but often kills the attack and is highly inconsistent within a game, let alone from game to game.

Reactions: Blender

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Yes. Agreed but if his name was Mudryk and 22 years old, people would be so excited about what he can do with his dribble. He has consistency issue, as like all Chelsea player bar maybe Silva and Enzo.
Mudryk will probably be okay. he can go a lot of good thing while maintaining top speed. Natural talent not the issue. He is so raw though, and will need patience BUT he is at arguably the least patient team on the planet. We will see what happens

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Nkunku's not really a ten. He's a shadow striker / wide forward. He can create for others too, but he's a goal scorer first and foremost.

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
Little to no crossing into the box from Malo Gusto.

Colwill at LB was not great. If they're going to play 4-3-3 then needs to be Colwill and Silva as the two centre backs with Chilwell as the full back imo.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Liverpool almost was down 0-2 in the first few minutes... lucky to be down only 1 and they tightened up very much and bournemouth just faded away into oblivion as the match went on.
Spurs looking *good* and aside a few ugly stutters so far a huge improvement from last year.
United looking like they are missing an integral piece in the middle. What did they hit, 3 posts? 4? Close but that doesn't cut it.
Aurier with a beautiful cross assist for forest to get the win.
Foden was his fun to watch 'wild man' form today... outside of KDB he's my favorite player to watch. Where he is no where near KDB level of pin point crosses etc he's a different kind of threat and is young with speed, as kdb isn't as young and fast and relies on smarts.
Wilson really blew that 2v1 on a horrible rodri give away... newcastle with a lot of poor attack choices.

Reactions: BillPrep

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Catching up on the highlights, Paqueta was the man today. Quality facilitating, set up the pen, scored it, and rustled Chelsea jimmies all day. Imagine Conor freaking Gallagher getting mad at another player for going down easy, I mean dear lord :laugh:

Moyes is still a negative loser and odds on to get sacked next.

King Makar19

Dec 5, 2019
City will rool sway with the title.

Chrksea 0 keeper 0 scorer
VarUtd are still awful to watch
Arsenall will lose easy pts with Arteta strategy

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011

Yea, close to Bakayoko/Saul debut level.

Kind of to be expected when he wasn't apart of our pre-season, and probably half-heartedly participating in Brighton's. I hate when clubs leave major business till the end of the window like this and don't allow major signings to have a proper pre-season with their new club. And especially with the injuries we have now in that #10 spot, our success is even more dependent on the midfield dictating games. And now, we Caicedo has to develop chemistry with the other players, learn the system, and deal with the pressure of record signing, all on the fly.

I think he'll be fine, but they should've just paid up to have Caicedo on the US tour. Hell, if they did that, they may have even saved money.

Reactions: Blender

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Kind of to be expected when he wasn't apart of our pre-season, and probably half-heartedly participating in Brighton's. I hate when clubs leave major business till the end of the window like this and don't allow major signings to have a proper pre-season with their new club. And especially with the injuries we have now in that #10 spot, our success is even more dependent on the midfield dictating games. And now, we Caicedo has to develop chemistry with the other players, learn the system, and deal with the pressure of record signing, all on the fly.

I think he'll be fine, but they should've just paid up to have Caicedo on the US tour. Hell, if they did that, they may have even saved money.
He like would have been £100M had they bought him 2 months ago. Still very expensive, but less than what he ended up costing.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I was away this weekend, just got to watching the Brighton game.

Unreal performance, one that eased my nervous about filling the wholes of MacAllister and Caicedo.

Enciso is on the scene and Mitoma is finding a new level! Watch out everyone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad