GWT: EPL - Matchweek 2

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Onward and upward. Some good to take, a lot of learning to do.

Enzo and Nico brilliant in first and quiet in second. Felt like both saw a lot less of the ball.

Give Mudryk end product and he’ll be unstoppable.

Back 3 is dumb, play a 4 please.

Reactions: Elvis P and Blender

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Chelsea's squad is probably very fragile too. A couple of bad results and you could see it being tough to bounce back because of last season. They need results fast.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
1692553069046.png

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Btw, in case some of the older posters here are wondering why am I commenting on non-United games which I never do usually, I got the Finnish PL rights holder's Viaplay Total package (which includes sports) for free for a month and have until next weekend before I have to cancel it. :laugh:

Last edited:

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Play a direct and fluid 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 with wingers and inverted fullbacks during preseason and profit. Completely scrap that and play a possession based 5-3-2/3-4-3 in the season.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Probably 80% of the people on this forum could have spent that money better.
I'm fairly confident that if someone gave me £1B to spend on new players for Chelsea I could do better than this. That isn't even based on what I personally know either, it's understanding what I don't know and having a team of people craft a coherent plan for how the squad should be formed based on an intended style of play. Something that has never happened at Chelsea, and the promise of it happening with Potter & Co. quickly vanished.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
After this next billion on players that can score goals and prevent them, that's going to be a really scary team.
Yeah I mean that’s the ticket right? Any other team would be screwed. Chelsea will just keep trying to fall upwards, and at some point it will probably work out for them

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Yeah I mean that’s the ticket right? Any other team would be screwed. Chelsea will just keep trying to fall upwards, and at some point it will probably work out for them
We'd have to make some serious sales to spend this much again any time soon.

• Haha
Reactions: Savant

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad