GWT: EPL - Matchweek 2

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Partey tends to get away with a lot.
Seriously. Just this game:

1. Interfered from an offside position during the free kick leading to Arsenal's penalty. Goals have been called back from that before.
2. Gets away with an awful foul in the box.
3. Doesn’t get carded himself for gesturing.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Havertz loses a header, goes down clutching his head like he's got a head injury. 2 seconds later when he doesn't hear the whistle he hops back on his feet and yells at the ref.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
100% a park the bus for the last 10 mins and hope lineup from Arsenal now lol. Basically have a back 7 at this point.
Most of our defenders can pass the ball better than anyone on Palace. They can't get the ball off us.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Havertz is one of the most obvious dumb waste of money signings of the last few years. Guy is so far in his own head he can’t play football.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Most of our defenders can pass the ball better than anyone on Palace. They can't get the ball off us.
It's something I'm surprised teams don't do more. You can keep the ball for a shockingly long time if you're not remotely going to attempt to actually go towards the opponents goal. Palace kept worrying about being goal side and refused to use their extra man to press.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Didn't the exact same thing happen during the Forest game?
Yep. In that case he was trying to stop a counter attack. In this situation he was trying to waste time and run out the clock.

There's a real Concacaf feel about the Arsenal.
It's kinda funny watching them react to each time the ball goes out or Ramsdale claims it like they're Burnley winning away at City.

• Haha
Reactions: al secord

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
I missed the first 25-30min of the second half, so will have to go back and watch all of the controversy, but coming out with 3 points is all that matters.

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
Well this experiment can’t continue or there will be dropped points very soon. Get back to what was working last season.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I missed the first 25-30min of the second half, so will have to go back and watch all of the controversy, but coming out with 3 points is all that matters.
I don't recall much in the first half.

Most controversial moments were:

- If Partey fouled the Palace attacker before the pen (I think yes, but not sure it's enough for VAR to overturn)
- If Partey fouled the Palance player in the box (Yes, and VAR should have overturned it)
- Tomi getting a second yellow for a foul that was, at absolutely best, insanely soft, and likely wasn't a foul in the first place.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad