GWT: EPL - Matchweek 2

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I got pretty bad eye sight so I wasn’t sure if it was just me but also this was the right choice of games despite me not knowing which team is which half the time.
Not just you, in the sun they look very similar. Only big contrast is that BHA has white bottoms and Newcastle black.

Reactions: Gecklund

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Shiny new toy syndrome. Plus, they gave everyone and their mother an 8 as far as I can see. And I can't take these ratings seriously when they rated Kamara higher than McGinn who was everywhere on the pitch and not useless with the ball.

Skysports has Kamara better rated than Onana.
Onana was very chaotic, responsible for a goal against, but also the main reason Everton scored.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
More than half the XI got an ‘8’ from that guy…

You’d think that was a dominant match based on that, when it definitely wasn’t, but whatever.

City are just pouring it on against Bournemouth right now.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
More than half the XI got an ‘8’ from that guy…

You’d think that was a dominant match based on that, when it definitely wasn’t, but whatever.

City are just pouring it on against Bournemouth right now.
Bournemouth are just laying back and taking it. They are praying for 0-0 which never works against City. City eat teams that do this alive but no one ever learns.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Shiny new toy syndrome. Plus, they gave everyone and their mother an 8 as far as I can see. And I can't take these ratings seriously when they rated Kamara higher than McGinn who was everywhere on the pitch and not useless with the ball.

Onana was very chaotic, responsible for a goal against, but also the main reason Everton scored.
And the previous link?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
City playing So good if they get a goal soon it could get ugly
Easy to look good when the other team isn’t playing. Never mind the talent gap. Obviously City in Manchester is one of the toughest fixtures in the league but right now they are playing like plastic orange cones.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
The talent gap is the whole point, my guy.
Worse teams with better tactics have beaten/taken points off City. But you have to try.

Heck Norwich beat City the year they finished 20th. Well one of the years they finished 20th

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Worse teams with better tactics have beaten/taken points off City. But you have to try.

Heck Norwich beat City the year they finished 20th. Well one of the years they finished 20th
And you think they did that by attacking City? That’s your take?

Burnley, the shithouse of all shithouse teams, also beat City.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I and a lot of the fanbase are still bemused by the starting of Coutinho over him. A lot of us (myself included) think he's our best player and he changes the game every time he comes on
My thoughts exactly but he has to play his buddy instead.

Reactions: JPBolts

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
And you think they did that by attacking City? That’s your take?

Burnley, the shithouse of all shithouse teams, also beat City.
They didn’t do that by keeping 11 men behind the ball and standing there. They did it because they were able to get City out of their shape. To beat City you have to get them out of their shape. You don’t beat City by giving them time on the ball and countering with one player that is slower than their center backs.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Ridiculous dive by Saint-Maximin and deserved yellow for simulation.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Water break is good time to switch on the Southampton vs Leeds game. Those Leeds kits are something

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad