GWT: EPL - Matchweek 2

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
Would like to see Luiz, Buendia & Bailey at some point.

Great finish from Ings

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
Based on the fan expectations, certainly. But based on reality I think I’d be premature. They’re a squad that’s on their fourth season up and have finished 17th, 11th, and 14th.

I think anywhere in the 8-12 range is pretty fair for them.

they spent alot so should be finishing 8th or 9th but depends if it clicks togeather iguess

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
By no means am I suggesting it’s disingenuous, but since last season I’ve noticed a lot of head injuries for Everton players while defending.

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
Based on the fan expectations, certainly. But based on reality I think I’d be premature. They’re a squad that’s on their fourth season up and have finished 17th, 11th, and 14th.

I think anywhere in the 8-12 range is pretty fair for them.
I think most fans have more realistic expectations like 8-12 but Gerrard and Purslow have both been really pushing that getting to Europe is the goal for this year.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Not that good of a match, better in the second half though. Coutinho was a special shade of crap today though. Emi Martinez is the main reason Villa got the 3 points, Villa didn't really cover themselves in glory against a hard to play against Everton.

Heard Kamara was excellent.
You heard wrong, I'd drop him for Luiz. Very slow and tentative with the ball. Good defensively though, he often dropped between Villa's central defenders.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Tough choice between Leicester/Arsenal or BHA/Newcastle.
Yes correct. That’s exactly what I’m debating between. (Also just so everyone knows Xfinity gives you free Peacock if you sign up with them. I used that and cancelled it because I moved and new place doesn’t get xfinity. Peacock does not get cancelled)

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Not that good of a match, better in the second half though. Coutinho was a special shade of crap today though. Emi Martinez is the main reason Villa got the 3 points, Villa didn't really cover themselves in glory against a hard to play against Everton.

You heard wrong, I'd drop him for Luiz. Very slow and tentative with the ball. Good defensively though, he often dropped between Villa's central defenders.
Agree with everything. Wouldn’t be too impressed with that were I a Villa supporter.

Saw more from Onana in 15 minutes than Kamara all match. Granted his giveaway led to that Villa second.

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
Heard Kamara was excellent.
Yes, think he's easily been our best midfielder the last 2 weeks. I really want to see him partnered with Sanson or Luiz in the midfield. That won't happen, though, because Gerrard made our worst midfielder the captain and undroppable despite how woefully inconsistent he is

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019

Coutinho has under the radar not been really consistent since he came in Jan. Has those flashes (like Leeds and the City game) but a lot of Villa fans keep clamoring for Buendia to start over him and I completely agree with it.

Dropping him for Luiz would bring up the exact same problems we had last year where our midfield got way too exposed. This is I guess what Gerrard's tactics are (I still don't know what they are) and he is designed to drop very deep to get the ball from the cbs.

Agree with everything. Wouldn’t be too impressed with that were I a Villa supporter.

Saw more from Onana in 15 minutes than Kamara all match. Granted his giveaway led to that Villa second.
They're really playing different positions. Kamara is dropping very deep and connecting the back line to the non-existent rest of the midfield because McGinn and Ramsay are way to similar to play together successfully. Throw in Coutinho who does the same means that it falls on Kamara. Put Luiz or Sanson next to him and drop McGinn and I think Villa gets at least 10-15 more points

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Who the f*** thought it was a good idea to have Brighton wear white and Newcastle wear a like sky blue that’s basically white? When they’re in the sun they look the exact same.
Pretty much have to look at their bottom half instead of top.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France

Boubacar Kamara 8​

Immense. The summer signing was everywhere, backing up teammates whenever they needed a helping hand to dropping deep to get on the ball to start a Villa attack. Kamara cruised through this and was immaculate whenever he had it. A really promising home debut from the ex-Marseille man who’ll be vital for Gerrard and Villa this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: