GWT: EPL - Matchweek 17

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Arsenal is so fun to watch when they get on the counter.
Feels like they just aren't converting them like last year though. Still creating so many chances from open play, but can only score from set pieces somehow.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
It's all Arsenal so far. Brighton should stop trying to play from the back, it's not working today, they're not good enough to do it against Arsenal. They have 2 speedy wingers and a central forward, just kick it ahead and let them deal with it ffs
Arsenal punishing Brighton for their arrogance, but they need to finish better.

Reactions: S E P H

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Not relevant. Havertz was a huge bust here and we sold him for more than Palmer cost, so big win for us. Glad he's working out for you as well.
I mean, neither is comparing last season's stats to this season.

I think downgrading the players isn't a big win even if you make a little money, but I guess I don't know the midtable mindset ;)

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto

I think downgrading the players isn't a big win even if you make a little money, but I guess I don't know the midtable mindset ;)
It is relevant when comparing Chelsea last season to Chelsea this season to be happy with a direct upgrade.

Shocked you didn't pick it up, given where Arsenal lived for much of the last decade!

Reactions: Blender

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I don't understand how Maupay didn't get a second yellow in all of that either. If there was ever simulation in a match, it's what he did when Martinez walked by him there to start the entire thing. Then Emi and Emi things and went stupid.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

Laughable to suggest that is a downgrade considering Havertz' track record, but you do you.

The narrative of whether Chelsea was more dysfunctional and more of a midtable club last year or this year seems to shift with every thread to benefit what narrative is preferred.

• Love
Reactions: Wee Baby Seamus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad