GWT: EPL - Matchweek 17 - Boxing Day

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
It’s been like two weeks and that crap is already played. The word “insufferable” doesn’t even do it justice.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Oy, we made your goalkeeper into something.

I know we're not saying this after Messi's penalty performance at the WC. Coulda won the Golden Boot if he was decent at them
Brighton did that. :)

He will have to settle for just a WC. Wonder if he trades Mbappe his for a WC?

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
In case people weren’t paying attention, Mount is extremely good at football
I don't think he had a great start to the season or a great World Cup either, but he was amazing last year and hopefully a bit of a break has him bounce back. Certainly looks it in this game.

Reactions: gary69

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Only reason he got to play is because Leno got injured
Sure, although he was playing cup matches. The only reason he's good is because Arsenal trained him. TBH, Arsenal has a great record with goalkeepers. Leno has looked better than he did in Germany, Ramsdale has improved, Fabianski has been a long term starter, Szczesny is one of the best GKs in the world, Ospina and Ryan are/were mainstays for their national teams, Hein is already a national team starter, Mannone was great at Sunderland after he left, Turner has improved a ton already, Viviano became a starter, etc.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Sure, although he was playing cup matches. The only reason he's good is because Arsenal trained him. TBH, Arsenal has a great record with goalkeepers. Leno has looked better than he did in Germany, Ramsdale has improved, Fabianski has been a long term starter, Szczesny is one of the best GKs in the world, Ospina and Ryan are/were mainstays for their national teams, Hein is already a national team starter, Mannone was great at Sunderland after he left, Turner has improved a ton already, Viviano became a starter, etc.
I guess so but then I would argue why did they sit on him for so long and loan him out?

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Thiago Silva with a disaster clearance but what a counter after. That's a questionable call there to say no goal when it was a contested ball.

Poor touch by James but what a recovery to get that shot in. I have no idea what Pulisic was doing, he had space to stop it and make an actual play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad