GWT: EPL - Matchweek 14

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I agree with City that advantage should have been played. However, Haaland and Kovacic should also be booked for their complaints.

And now Kovacic should have a second yellow.

Fully expect City to get a penalty for that dive.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
I have only seen Tottenham against Liverpool and City, but they have really had the refs blessings in those games that has given them some important points :laugh:

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Haaland not getting a yellow is a joke.

I can't wait for Pep to complain about the refs and have no one say anything.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
It's just a shockingly bad officiating decision..

He's literally signaling advantage and then when he looks up and sees Grealish running in alone he blows it dead and calls it back. The linesman didn't signal offside or anything. The ref just decided advantage had passed.

It's the type of decision that should get an official suspended for multiple weeks for incompetence.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
It's just a shockingly bad officiating decision..

He's literally signaling advantage and then when he looks up and sees Grealish running in alone he blows it dead and calls it back. The linesman didn't signal offside or anything. The ref just decided advantage had passed.

It's the type of decision that should get an official suspended for multiple weeks for incompetence.
I wish we had the ref's explanation

Epictetus

YNWA
Jan 2, 2010
Ontario
It looked like he stopped it to book the Tottenham player. Surely could have done that at the next stoppage though.

I'm going to guess he knew he made a mistake which is why he didn't book any City players right after, as multiple City players should have been booked for crowding him and screaming in his face. Pretty sure they went after the 4th official too as if he has any agency in that situation.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Ref still signaling advantage after Haaland released the pass:

1701628808020.png

Here's when he decides to blow it dead. Clearly no flag from the linesman and it's really obvious that Grealish is running in alone. You don't know at that point if he's gonna get the ball or not, but even a youth official would know enough to wait 3 more seconds and see if he does.

1701628946019.png

Reactions: Wee Baby Seamus

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Man that was an awful call. Not that I would complain about City being on the receiving end of it of course.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
True. After all, Arsenal has won so many fewer PL titles than Liverpool.

Oh wait.

Jackie G breaking Liverpool hearts
Ah yes because we’ve only been playing since the 90s all the ones before don’t count. Also when was Arsenal’s most recent one?

I guess we will see a suspension for Haaland. /jokes
Hey, they are supposed to be cracking down you know

Man that was an awful call. Not that I would complain about City being on the receiving end of it of course.
Simon Hooper bailing out Tottenham again. Yet another horror show from him this season.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Simon Hooper bailing out Tottenham again. Yet another horror show from him this season.
There's no universe where they're close to the title so I don't care, as long as it takes points away from City.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
You’d think the FA and the PGMOL would do some soul searching when it’s literally every week with some sort of controversy.
Howard Webb is in there to actively make sure the opposite of that happens. It’s working and he is smiling about it.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00