GWT: EPL - Matchweek 13

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Disappointing result but honestly can’t complain about the way the team played, considering the situation the squad is in. Spurs just didn’t have the “puck luck” today.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
What a belter by Garnacho. I know he's been underwhelming this year but every time I've actually watched him I came away impressed. He often lacks the final ball which is quite normal for a player his age, but he seems to have the right attitude to be a United player.

This early goal should be good for United, as they're a better counter attacking team.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
What a belter by Garnacho. I know he's been underwhelming this year but every time I've actually watched him I came away impressed. He often lacks the final ball which is quite normal for a player his age, but he seems to have the right attitude to be a United player.

This early goal should be good for United, as they're a better counter attacking team.
I think it was a couple weeks ago we had this discussion. He definitely looks impressive and lacks the final ball. I think the worry from the United fan standpoint is that it feels like it's been long enough/enough senior minutes that he should have a bit more quality with the final ball by now. Kinda like he's on the edge of good young player who just needs a bit of maturity to put the final ball together and just being a guy who has a ton of talent but can never quite take the next step.

Hopefully an insane goal like today will give him some confidence moving forward and he can take the next step forward.

Reactions: Gecklund

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I think it was a couple weeks ago we had this discussion. He definitely looks impressive and lacks the final ball. I think the worry from the United fan standpoint is that it feels like it's been long enough/enough senior minutes that he should have a bit more quality with the final ball by now. Kinda like he's on the edge of good young player who just needs a bit of maturity to put the final ball together and just being a guy who has a ton of talent but can never quite take the next step.

Hopefully an insane goal like today will give him some confidence moving forward and he can take the next step forward.
I think his progress has been hampered by the whole offense struggling.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
I think the worry from the United fan standpoint is that it feels like it's been long enough/enough senior minutes that he should have a bit more quality with the final ball by now. Kinda like he's on the edge of good young player who just needs a bit of maturity to put the final ball together and just being a guy who has a ton of talent but can never quite take the next step.
He's 19 and with those brows he's obviously not mature enough haha

Mainoo saving Maguire and Onana's ass. Not a bad way to start your Premier League career.

• Haha
Reactions: hatterson

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
He's 19 and with those brows he's obviously not mature enough haha

Mainoo saving Maguire and Onana's ass. Not a bad way to start your Premier League career.
For half a second I thought that ball came off of Maguire's arm and I thought it was going to be a hilarious penalty.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Doucoure gets a yellow for dissent but Bruno Marchand does whatever the f*** he wants under the patient eye of the ref.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Everton were the better team overall in the first half. The goal was a moment of absolute individual brilliance, but other than that United weren’t really dangerous at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad