GWT: EPL - Matchweek 13

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
What a goal by Garnacho.

United so careless with the ball. Mainoo playing well, showing up some of the older players. Everton could have had a couple if they could finish.

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
We catch everyone offsides, must be close to almost double the next few teams.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Everton were definitely the better side in the first half. United played better in the second half and ended with a comfortable win, but a few little bounces go the other way and it's an entirely different game.

Garnacho's strike is a one in a million. Mainoo had to clear a ball off the line. DCL had a free header off a corner, etc.

United now head to Turkey for an absolute must win in the CL.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Everton were definitely the better side in the first half. United played better in the second half and ended with a comfortable win, but a few little bounces go the other way and it's an entirely different game.

Garnacho's strike is a one in a million. Mainoo had to clear a ball off the line. DCL had a free header off a corner, etc.

Wouldn't you risk qualifying for the EL if you win?

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Yea this definitely makes sense to me:

Martial's goal was a high xG chance but also game when the game was already 2-0 and with 15 minutes left.

Wouldn't you risk qualifying for the EL if you win?
Sure, but if they win they likely go into MW6 in 2nd in the group and playing a Bayern team that's 9 points clear at the top so might just play their entire backup squad.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Yea this definitely makes sense to me:

Martial's goal was a high xG chance but also game when the game was already 2-0 and with 15 minutes left.

Sure, but if they win they likely go into MW6 in 2nd in the group and playing a Bayern team that's 9 points clear at the top so might just play their entire backup squad.

Bayern doesn't have enough players for a backup squad. :laugh:

Reactions: cgf

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Bayern doesn't have enough players for a backup squad. :laugh:

Even if they did, banking on a Bayern B-team to save them from getting embarrassed in the CL-knockouts is a major gamble.

Better to party too hard in Istanbul and drop the ball here so they can win a round or two in the EL before bowing out :naughty:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

Oh I forgot that's this week. Probably explains some of the selections (rotation).

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
1.) I don't think this should be a pen. It looks like he gets a touch on the ball and only barely barely barely touches the foot.

2.) If it's taking remotely this long it cannot be a "clear and obvious error"

Reactions: Jack Straw

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
How do you not give a pen there and also not call a dive? Atrocious officiating.

On replay it looks like he caught him a bit, but I still have zero idea how a ref can look at that live and conclude that it is simultaneously not a penalty but also not worthy of a simulation yellow.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
How do you not give a pen there and also not call a dive? Atrocious officiating.

On replay it looks like he caught him a bit, but I still have zero idea how a ref can look at that live and conclude that it is simultaneously not a penalty but also not worthy of a simulation yellow.
Fulham-Wolves VAR of course gets to ref the LFC game (also against Fulham) on Sunday because the performance was obviously so worthy of an important game

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad