GWT: EPL - Matchweek 13

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
But it's called this time because the player launched himself and throw both his arms and legs out.
yes, that's definitely the case but that almost never gets called if they don't. we can say that for most of every time someone goes to ground easily. that's how they get the fouls called because the inconsistencies from week to week (and this is not me blaming refs -- they view each incident differently but never any consistencies.

Someone isn’t arm tackled on every corner

You have to call that too because that’s exactly where the ball went. It certainly effected the outcome of the corner kick. Don’t think ref has a choice
i mean there's a lot of shirt pulling in every game and this one was highlighted a lot more -- i think it was the correct decision, but we don't see those given a lot

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I love the final whistle while the ball is still in the air from a goal kick seconds after the minimum added time despite the goal and a lengthy celebration in stoppage time.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
They can't all be Forest.
I didn’t say Liverpool was good either. In fact I’ve been saying the opposite most of the season. City will win. Arsenal will get 2nd and the other two UCL spots will be last team standing. Like last year when no one wanted 4th

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
According to understat xG was .73 - .44+1pen in favor of United which seems about representative of the game. United had one decent chance through Rashford, Chelsea had the one through Chalobah and United had a lot more half (or quarter) chances, but nothing too dangerous.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
You have to appreciate Potter for getting his initial game plan wrong but not being stubborn and making that first half change. Brought Chelsea back into the game.

United's manager did all the right things up until his questionable late changes.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
According to understat xG was .73 - .44+1pen in favor of United which seems about representative of the game. United had one decent chance through Rashford, Chelsea had the one through Chalobah and United had a lot more half (or quarter) chances, but nothing too dangerous.
I don’t think Rashford’s chance was that good given the way Kepa closed space.

also had a defender going back to goal to clear it if the flick did beat kepa

I think antony’s was the better of the two chances

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I don’t think Rashford’s chance was that good given the way Kepa closed space.

also had a defender going back to goal to clear it if the flick did beat kepa

I think antony’s was the better of the two chances

I meant the one in the first half where he ran in from basically half and shot it from the top of the box or so. Although that chance may have looked better given how well he actually struck the ball.

Antony's was a good chance, but unfortunately was on his right foot which divides it by like 3.

Reactions: Peen

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Chelsea is championship level on set pieces this season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad