GWT: EPL - Matchweek 12

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Calling a foul that was way more soft against Saka in the first half. Different rules.
Agreed, but I think it's just bad and inconsistent reffing. Not some premeditated thing because of Arteta's comments. And VAR was never calling that one back.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
The real problem with VAR is that it's designed to not intervene on "judgement calls" that have a massive impact on the game. That Burnley goal is a subjective call, but 90% of people would agree that it was a foul. But rather than striving to get the call right in crucial situations, VAR's process is "Ok so that seems like the wrong call, but did the referee see it? Yup, he saw it. Call stands."

Reactions: phisherman

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Happy to get the result but wow United need to learn how to play faster. They are so slow in the build up it’s insane.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
LOL at Fernandes berrating the official at the final whistle because they were on the counter attack

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I am more impressed with players my age still playing in the premier league (Milner)

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
Lol that makes me feel a little better. Although with my family history I'm just hoping to have hair of any colour when I make it to 32.

Happy to make people feel better hehe. How long you have to 32? I blame my dad cause he also had grey hair in his early 30. But someone said that bald is best ;)

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
Finishing wasn't great. United had the chances for 3 or 4. Hojlund and Garnacho in the 1st half. Hojlund's header and Rashford in the 2nd.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
He's getting close to the PL minutes under him where you hope to start seeing some progress on the finishing though. A lot of young high skilled players can struggle to adapt to a better league than they were in previously, it's after that 1000-1500 minutes or so that you want to see progression.
Yea, last year it was much more understandable. This year it’s starting to get to the point where you really wonder if he’ll actually be able to put it together.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Football overload this week... my eye balls are going to fall out with watching CL EL BL LL and prem league today... Man U and Luton, OH... that was Liverpool last week.... it's all so foggy...

Doku is one hell of a offensive push for City... all dance grealish could only dream of being that effective.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad