GWT: EPL - Matchweek 10

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Don't love Turner coming in against the high press but am glad Turner might be getting more PT. Let's see how Ramsdale holds up; not sure I love an injured GK either

Reactions: King Makar19

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
That's a handball to me.

I can understand it not being given, but your hand being at shoulder level when both feet are on the ground is always taking a risk.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
That's a handball to me.

I can understand it not being given, but your hand being at shoulder level when both feet are on the ground is always taking a risk.
It was.

Arsenal have been better but that’s a handball, and their goal might have been offsides.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Good save on the ultimately offside play, but that was easy from Arsenal.

Both of Liverpools fullbacks have been absolute trash defensively. Tsimikas is basically playing as an RWB except Liverpool only have 4 at the back, so you have this weird formation where you have the back 4 in a U and sometimes Henderson or Thiago drift further back to let the CBs go wider. Except the CBs are staying narrow. So if there's any sort of change of possession there's just acres of space.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
So about the handball in question. If that’s how it is then couldn’t players just start making themselves bigger if they’re close to the ball?

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
So about the handball in question. If that’s how it is then couldn’t players just start making themselves bigger if they’re close to the ball?
Can't players just deliberately kick the ball to the hand to fish for penalties if it was given?

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY

The defense of no call is that 1.) He's incredibly close to the ball; 2.) He didn't move his hand towards the ball after it was kicked; and 3.) His arm was flailing a little as part of maintaining his balance.

He didn't just randomly stick his arm up, but rather the arm coming up was more a part of a quasi-natural balancing motion.

Personally I think that the case for it being given is far stronger than it not being given, but I don't think there's a chance VAR was gonna intervene either way it was called live.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad