GWT: EPL - Matchweek 10

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
He got hired because the last manager couldn't do well when they spent a ton of money so the previous spending has to be some kind of factor.
Sure, but then you have to look at who is still around.

Traore is on loan, Moraes is on loan, Barkley is gone, Targett is gone, Samatta is gone, Trezeguet is gone, El Ghazi is gone, Heaton is gone, Engels is gone

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
I don't think Ings and Watkins are that bad I just don't think they're that much better than other strikers in the mid table and below level. I would take them above anything Bournemouth, Southampton and Palace have up top. Dennis had 10 last year and Awoniyi scored a lot in Germany last year so it's early to tell on them. When healthy Bamford is kinda level to your two, Jimenez pre injury was better but not anymore, Calvert-Lewin is better when healthy. I would take current Mitrovic, even though he sucked his last times in the EPL, and Toney over them. Vardy was and I still trust him more, I like Antonio's complete game better too. So I would say your 2 are kinda in the middle of the mid to lower table teams.

Maybe it's the setup but I never watch Villa and look impressed by how the midfield plays. Occasionally McGinn or Coutinho does something special but they usually look second best. The defense is kinda similar but I think Cash is a very good RB. As for Martinez is he really better than say Leno, Raya or Sanchez? The English group of Pickford, Ramsdale, Henderson and Pope all have just as good and bad moments as Martinez. I really think there's a clear top group of Allison, De Gea and Ederson then everyone else and lastly Danny Ward. But really there's about 10 goalies who I couldn't pick a difference in and really wouldn't care which one was on my team.
that has been the complete problem since we got promoted and nothing has changed -- not even the players (as Sanson for some reason is frozen out and Kamara is injured), Douglas Luiz, Jacob Ramsey & McGinn together in midfield doesn't work. Not sure how Gerrard can't see it. I can't say it enough, but McGinn is completely the midfield problem, and we seem enamored with making him undroppable

And no, I completely agree with your assessment of strikers -- it's just that we already have invested 30m into 2 of our 3 strikers (both of whom have a good pedigree) and our #3 is a homegrown player who hasn't played enough that we shouldn't have let him on loan to get some more experience

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad