GWT: EPL - Matchweek 10

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Zero reason for the ref to not give Shaw a yellow there. Players waste time time because refs let them do it.

I didn’t realize Arthur was hurt. Shame about Diaz and TAA. I thought TAA was pulled for performance; I didn’t see where he did his ankle.

It happened earlier in the half. I think it was Martinelli coming in from the left (defensive right), crossed the ball and TAA tried to put a block in. Martinelli's foot ended up coming down on TAAs ankle/foot and it rolled. He was down for a couple minutes. Absolutely nothing malicious in, just one of those random things that happened. He played the rest of the half with it though (IIRC was 10-15 minutes left)

Reactions: bluesfan94

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I didn’t realize Arthur was hurt. Shame about Diaz and TAA. I thought TAA was pulled for performance; I didn’t see where he did his ankle.
Yeah Arthur got hurt in training but as I said when they signed him, I never expected him to get any minutes.

Trent injury was on that weird cross in the 21st minute or so where Martinelli caught him weird (not Martinelli’s fault) but not sure.

Diaz has been their second best player to Alisson Becker this season so losing him would be catastrophic.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Hopefully he can produce at some point. Huge question marks there still.
Actually, yes.
I know people like to *trump* in the good moments and hit in the bad moments, but yes, spending 100M on an Eredivisie guy is a big question mark, given he didn't even produce in that league.
So let's see his stats and performances after a season rather than 3 games.

Reactions: Peen and al secord

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY

I think the biggest issue is that they don't have consistent VAR across the league. Instead of having a video operations center and multiple people who are specifically trained to be VARs you have random refs rotating in so the judgement is always going to change.

But either way that one is a stonewall handball.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Yes, “people” like to do that.

I think the biggest issue is that they don't have consistent VAR across the league. Instead of having a video operations center and multiple people who are specifically trained to be VARs you have random refs rotating in so the judgement is always going to change.

But either way that one is a stonewall handball.
I thought the Scamacca one was more obvious than Antonio’s. That angle isn’t great, you have no depth of field. The ball doesn’t seem to clearly alter its path like Scamacca’s, but eh.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Yes, “people” like to do that.

I thought the Scamacca one was more obvious than Antonio’s. That angle isn’t great, you have no depth of field. The ball doesn’t seem to clearly alter its path like Scamacca’s, but eh.
I didn't see the Scamacca one, but the ball clearly changed direction off Antonio's hand.

The Rashford one is the right call by the rule, but it still sucks since it's not close to intentional.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
they need Bellingham and 4 new players. Not getting Bellingham is not a blessing when they wasted a least two windows waiting for him. That’s a big reason why they are in this mess
Yes. But no. If LFC made top 4, they would act it as everyrhing is fine and keep the whole team around.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Hard to imagine what would be said that would justify a conversation with both managers like that but not result in any on-field discipline. Unless maybe the ref didn't actually hear it so couldn't take action.

Lots of speculation in various threads about what happened.
That would make sense. I gotta say, the speculation seems to be that one white player said something to a Brazilian and led to that Brazilian being rather upset.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
There are many who believe TAA was subbed for performance but that the injury is convenient PR cover.

Last edited:
Reactions: bluesfan94

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
Both look like rather serious injuries. I hope I'm wrong. When Diaz was initially pointing to the inside of his knee, I thought they'd pull him out right away. Good for him to want to keep going, but hopefully the kid's ok.

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
Call on Rashford was annoying, thought Everton might equalise after that. Thankfully not.

First half performance better than the second. Lindelof and Shaw solid after not playing much. Casemiro had a mixed night. Poor for Everton's goal but good for Ronaldo's.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
Call on Rashford was annoying, thought Everton might equalise after that. Thankfully not.

First half performance better than the second. Lindelof and Shaw solid after not playing much. Casemiro had a mixed night. Poor for Everton's goal but good for Ronaldo's.
Not a great decision from Dalot, but Casemiro has to be stronger than that. He still needs to be starting every match.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad