GWT: EPL - Matchweek 1

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
You said it was what about ism. I specifically said my point isn’t to distract or excuse Onana

If the league is now interested in getting away from their stance that keepers can do anybting - is THIS video another type situation ripe for a rule change.
I mean it’s whataboutism because it literally is. “Why are they talking about what happened this season, when they didn’t talk about this last season” Would you prefer to call it Whyaboutism?

I mean PGMOL already admit they blew it. We can only look at it from that context. The onus is going to be to officiate consistently from here on out. Using a clip from last year (whatabout this chip) as an excuse to devalue trying to improve the officiating is poor. But the key is what’s nexts as they’ve realized the call is bad. I think a good first step would be to release the VAR audio; which they are able to do this year

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
It was obviously a terrible call but the ABU rageheads shouting "CONSPIRACY!!!" are being completely ridiculous. Seemingly every week since it was introduced there seems to be a ridiculous decision in the PL involving VAR and almost all of them didn't involve United.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I mean it’s whataboutism because it literally is. “Why are they talking about what happened this season, when they didn’t talk about this last season” Would you prefer to call it Whyaboutism?

I mean PGMOL already admit they blew it. We can only look at it from that context. The onus is going to be to officiate consistently from here on out. Using a clip from last year (whatabout this chip) as an excuse to devalue trying to improve the officiating is poor. But the key is what’s nexts as they’ve realized the call is bad. I think a good first step would be to release the VAR audio; which they are able to do this year
That play is from this same match week.

Reactions: KJS14

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
I literally said the tweet commentary wasn’t the point. And aais im not comparing to Onana

You can’t get one sentence through a post without seeing red at the mere mention of United
Even when you preface something perfectly, you can rarely win on this board lol.

Also, I personally think that the play in the video you posted should be a penalty. Goalkeepers shouldn't have free reign to tackle through opposing players in the box just because they are late getting to the ball. I'm not sure where exactly to draw the line on those plays, because I'd call the Onana/Vicario plays clear pens, but I struggle with other ones like on Antony earlier in the game or Ederson on Nketiah last year.

Head to head they’re not even close. The results during the time both coached dont even approach even.
We don't need to get into a Wenger vs Fergie pissing match (which I know you didn't start), but the clubs were in vastly different financial situations for 50% of that period.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad