Proposal: EP for EEk

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Look the trade would never happen from the Canucks POV and Minny fans wouldn't do the trade either if the teams each player played for was reversed and everyone here knows it.
Whatever you need to tell yourself so you can move on bud.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
The same tage who hasn’t done jack squat? lol okay dude. Bedard sucks on D and isn’t as hype as ignorant people like you are making him out to be. Stop being a joke and showing your casual hate about wild players

I have said over and over I love the Wild player, like over and over, if you weren't so triggered you'd see that.

Tage hasn't been as good this year, so that automatically means the last two years are (in your head) anomalies? Ok then...

Bedard is 18 years old, find a fan in the world that would take your favourite player ever over him, I would be shocked if you could find one, and there is a reason for that. Again if you weren't so full of bias you'd see it too. WOW

JEE wouldn’t even be a 2C on some teams. Minnesota fans have become a bit too wild.
Yes he would. STOP

Last edited by a moderator:

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Whatever you need to tell yourself so you can move on bud.
Whatever I could post a poll as to which player is better and it would get shut down like as soon as any moderator looked at the results but it's not worth my time.

I'm wasting my time elsewhere on this site.:naughty:

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Whatever I could post a poll as to which player is better and it would get shut down like as soon as any moderator looked at the results but it's not worth my time.

I'm wasting my time elsewhere on this site.:naughty:
It’s just amusing that you need assurance when I already said EP was a better player. Wreaks of insecurity.

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Probably why he is about to get a 229% bigger AAV than Ek while being maybe a 10-15% better player.

Eriksson Ek is pretty solidly at point per game when he’s not playing with the likes of Foligno and Greenway. In a salary cap world, a player’s value is impacted by their AAV.
More like 35-40% better player lmfao.

Last edited by a moderator:

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Ek's value relative EP is in cap savings. Wild know what they're going to be spending that money on so naturally they'll keep Ek and Faber. From VANs POV that Faber is someone they'll have to find with no guarantees they'll find it or what it might cost them in assets to trade for. In the life of EPs upcoming contract MIN will have to pay Rossi and Faber and give Kaprizov a raise among other considerations. Ek is severely underpaid right now and I doubt we're going to luck out like that again. With promising russian skill hopefully coming in the same period and Riley Heidt getting a good look at games next year before they send him back to juniors we're in a good place for offensive skill that they may want to give early deals to as well.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Make a poll if people would rather have EP at $12.5M for 8 years or Ek at $5.25M for 5 years.
I guess 2 things here come to mind.

1. We don't know what EP40 is signing for exactly yet and

2. Minny fans should look at how the AM versus Stutzle poll panned out.

And a couple aof guys brought up Faber like it's a EKEK=Faber/EP40 comp when it isn't you already have Faber.

It's a EP40 to EEK what can they get with that extra money on the UFA market type of things and almost always the 1 better player is better than the 2.

EEK is a great player on a great contract but EP40 is basically a superstar who is also a pretty good 200 foot player.

Also there is nothing stopping you from making that poll is there?

I mean, it’s pretty obvious.
Seriously dude you don't even exist to me I'm a hockey fan and have a real life I don't come here for validation, just to express hockey viewpoints and shoot the shit, get over yourself you are just being rude now and it's a bad look.

Reactions: Ace of Hades

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Seriously dude you don't even exist to me I'm a hockey fan and have a real life I don't come here for validation, just to express hockey viewpoints and shoot the shit, get over yourself you are just being rude now and it's a bad look.
You can’t handle that SOME Wild fans would prefer Ek+$7M in free cap as compared to a $12M Pettersson. It’s just comical to me at this point.

Your “hockey viewpoints” lack critical thinking. Even the above response to Spurgeon in your quoted post lacks critical thinking. We can’t count our ELC contract, one that is looking like a #1D, needing to be re-signed as a reason to want that extra $7M in cap?

Again, your posts are just twisting things to try and get Wild fans to agree with you. Nobody has said Ek is better than EP. But when you finally see Ek be given real linemates, not chumps like Foligno/Greenway/Johansson, and he’s in the middle of a 29 point run in 21 games, it just makes the scenario not make ANY sense from a MINNESOTA POV. I’d rather let it play out and see if we have a 90 point guy at $5.25M than trade him for a 100 point guy making $12M+. Is that starting to make sense?

You keep insisting that Minnesota fans see it from the Vancouver POV, but won’t look at it from a Minnesota POV. $14.7M in dead cap again next year. We BARELY made it work this year due to injuries to big AAV players (Spurgeon, Brodin, Boldy).

Vancouver should keep EP. That makes sense to their franchise. Nobody is disagreeing with that.

Roman Maroni

Prepared to be underwhelmed
Sponsor
Dec 7, 2019
Guys are saying Ek isn’t even a #2 on some teams. Well from Minnesotas standpoint, they should be trying to get a #1 without giving up Ek. Minnesota Hasn’t had more than one top flight center in forever. And many would argue Koivu wasn’t a true #1 either.
So from a franchise standpoint/need trying to get Ek away and swapping him with another center doesn’t fix Minnesotas real problem.
And if there was ever a gross overpay for a player, Ek would be it due to the franchise’s circumstances.
Doesn’t really matter if EP is better or not, because the Wild are playing Freddy Gaudreau on the 2nd line tonight. That’s the Wilds problem. Quality centers (as in plural) and Ek as a player and contract is perfect for Minnesota.

Last edited:

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
You can’t handle that SOME Wild fans would prefer Ek+$7M in free cap as compared to a $12M Pettersson. It’s just comical to me at this point.
I can handle it, I just think it's faulty logic but feel free.

just for fun I looked up the stats for the last 2 seasons and this one and just for centers EP40 is 6th in points and honestly I was surprised at how low EEK was at 38th

Sure EEK makes up some of that difference with his 2 way play but it's not like eP40 is running on empty stats here either.

Your “hockey viewpoints” lack critical thinking. Even the above response to Spurgeon in your quoted post lacks critical thinking. We can’t count our ELC contract, one that is looking like a #1D, needing to be re-signed as a reason to want that extra $7M in cap?
You already have that player regardless of what EEK's contract is so again where is the extra advantage in salary cap savings?

The whole argument of the extra savings in cap space is what can that team do with that cap space, ie signing of an asset they don't already have.

The reality is that when looking at free agent singings most of them aren't worth close to the cost and one can't assume that any team with the cap advantage in the player they have will mean the best FA signing every year.

The AM/Stutzle passing match in the offseason is exhibit A here.

Also EP40 is 2 years younger here.

Again, your posts are just twisting things to try and get Wild fans to agree with you. Nobody has said Ek is better than EP. But when you finally see Ek be given real linemates, not chumps like Foligno/Greenway/Johansson, and he’s in the middle of a 29 point run in 21 games, it just makes the scenario not make ANY sense from a MINNESOTA POV. I’d rather let it play out and see if we have a 90 point guy at $5.25M than trade him for a 100 point guy making $12M+. Is that starting to make sense?
The thing is that EP40 has produced with a revolving door of players over the 3 way time frame and he drives play, EEK's scoring is very dependent.

Also I frankly don't care if Wild fans disagree or not, I'm not a tribal poster but a hockey fan first and foremost.

You keep insisting that Minnesota fans see it from the Vancouver POV, but won’t look at it from a Minnesota POV. $14.7M in dead cap again next year. We BARELY made it work this year due to injuries to big AAV players (Spurgeon, Brodin, Boldy).
Maybe it's just me but in any argument I like to look at the strengths and weaknesses of both sides as objectively as possible knowing that I'm human but I understand that alot of people don't look at things that way.

Vancouver should keep EP. That makes sense to their franchise. Nobody is disagreeing with that.
Well then he is probably the better player and then most teams wouldn't trade him for EEK one would think right?

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I can handle it, I just think it's faulty logic but feel free.

just for fun I looked up the stats for the last 2 seasons and this one and just for centers EP40 is 6th in points and honestly I was surprised at how low EEK was at 38th

Sure EEK makes up some of that difference with his 2 way play but it's not like eP40 is running on empty stats here either.
Yes, continue to use the time where Ek had to carry Foligno and Greenway. Is everything everyone else says always in one ear and out the other with you?
You already have that player regardless of what EEK's contract is so again where is the extra advantage in salary cap savings?
The whole argument of the extra savings in cap space is what can that team do with that cap space, ie signing of an asset they don't already have.
Because when you have the extremely large contracts and those ELCs come due for a raise, guess where those players go (hint: BYE BYE). The extra advantage is you don't lose your quality 2nd-3rd line players over paying someone $7M more.
Also I frankly don't care if Wild fans disagree or not, I'm not a tribal poster but a hockey fan first and foremost.
I don't believe you.
Maybe it's just me but in any argument I like to look at the strengths and weaknesses of both sides as objectively as possible knowing that I'm human but I understand that alot of people don't look at things that way.
Is crying that EP is better and that Minnesota fans should look at it from a Vancouver perspective really looking at it from both sides lol? That's some incredible gaslighting you just did there.

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
If EP is traded, the Canucks will get the equivalent of 4 1st round picks and one of those 1st will be top 5.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Yes, continue to use the time where Ek had to carry Foligno and Greenway. Is everything everyone else says always in one ear and out the other with you?
Who exactly was blocking EEK?

Also he certainly wasn't playing with those guys on the PP the last 3 years right?

EP40 has played with better players at times but he drives play way more than EEK.

Because when you have the extremely large contracts and those ELCs come due for a raise, guess where those players go (hint: BYE BYE). The extra advantage is you don't lose your quality 2nd-3rd line players over paying someone $7M more.
Well I guess NHL GMS that pay there superstars get burned then eh?

It's not like anyone can point to a tangible gain that Minny has had since signing EKK's contract to start the 21-22 season which is kind of my point.
I don't believe you.
Well I am but seriously I don't care what you believe or not.
Is crying that EP is better and that Minnesota fans should look at it from a Vancouver perspective really looking at it from both sides lol? That's some incredible gaslighting you just did there.
Well I kind of assumed that you were looking at it from the Minny perspective already.

I just pointed out how I evaluate trades offered here in this section but you have already shown your cards with the "I don't believe you" and "crying EP is better comments"

But hey if you think I'm wrong go start a poll.

I'll leave with this from an NHL panel on the top centers in the NHL which I don't entirely agree on but it seems kind of strange that one guy is in the top 10 and the other guy doesn't get a nod from anyone right?

Although to be fair some of the voters might have had EEK in the top 20 but then again I highly doubt it as his name doesn't even come up in the article.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Who exactly was blocking EEK?

Also he certainly wasn't playing with those guys on the PP the last 3 years right?

EP40 has played with better players at times but he drives play way more than EEK.
You're still stuck in the you think I think Ek is better than EP. Like, you're functionally incapable of understanding what I'm saying.
Well I guess NHL GMS that pay there superstars get burned then eh?
How's Edmonton doing? They've got the best player on the planet at $12.5M. They must be winning the Cup every other year, right?

I won't respond to the rest of your post and simply refer you to the first point in this post.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
You're still stuck in the you think I think Ek is better than EP. Like, you're functionally incapable of understanding what I'm saying.

that's funny because I never said that you said that right?
How's Edmonton doing? They've got the best player on the planet at $12.5M. They must be winning the Cup every other year, right?

I won't respond to the rest of your post and simply refer you to the first point in this post.
Well they have gone farther in the playoffs the last 2 years so there is that.

And while it's a bit of a cliché there is that saying that teams go as far as their good players go but the Oilers did run into the eventual SC champions and couldn't get a bounce in the 3rd period against Vegas and Jonathan Marchessault had his bet and luckiest period ever.

Skinner not so much even though I think he can become a winning SC goalie.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
This is annoying. Let's crowd source it. I'll edit Vancouver description as the argument is presented.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Well they have gone farther in the playoffs the last 2 years so there is that.

And while it's a bit of a cliché there is that saying that teams go as far as their good players go but the Oilers did run into the eventual SC champions and couldn't get a bounce in the 3rd period against Vegas and Jonathan Marchessault had his bet and luckiest period ever.

Skinner not so much even though I think he can become a winning SC goalie.
The issue with this is, they needed quality depth to help them go farther in the playoffs. They had 4 point per game players and 3 100+ point players.

Minnesota's dead cap exceeds McDavid's cap hit. So we are already out super star money.

If you perform the 1-for-1 Ek for EP trade on CapFriendly, Minnesota has $4m in cap space with 17 of 23 roster spots accounted for. How would one even make that work? And before you say "just trade Spurgeon" or something similar:

1) He has a 10 team NTC.
2) Minnesota is not going to pay someone to take him
3) Most trades involve cap coming back

If Minnesota had endless money, then yeah we would take EP for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad